Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Csi

Default Csi

I know this is a dumb topic right off the bat, and the CSI episode about the adult baby representation was horrible, but something has stuck in my head all of this time. The part when the enter the adult baby store (still get a good laugh at that part alone), the sales woman asks if he was a "drinker or stinker" and I'm like WTH? I guess asking rather or not someone was AB or DL would have fallin flat on the ratings? Anyhow, I like to think I've been around for quite some time as far as knowing what's what, but does this "ether or" actually exist within the community? (Not in ADISC exclusively, I mean more in general speaking).

i dont even know what a "drinker or a stinker" is.
    but then again if that show (and the furry one) proved anything it was that CSI never checks facts before they write.

As annoying as the CSI episode was (especially the drinker or stinker part which I don't get either and makes us look bad), I thought it was one of the best depictions of our community on TV. It makes the point at the end that there is genuine appeal to traveling back to childhood. I also like the part where the store keeper says that "some men will only ever love their mother, and others never had a mother to love". Not such a fan of the first part (which is kinda creepy), but the second part expresses that we are just people that want to feel loved.

The AB in that show is a total f***ing jerk the way he treated the babysitter, but it seemed to me that that was an attack on the super wealthy rather than ABs. It also gave the impression that this was a "horrible secret" that his wife was ashamed of and that he lived in utter fear of being discovered, but then again that seems to be more a personal thing for him and his status, and the people shopping at the ABDL store don't have the same aura of shame. It is all targeted at the man himself rather than at us as a group, or at least that is how I interpreted it.

Overall the show makes us out to be just people who want to be loved and are kinda weird in our desires and the lengths we go (which is more or less true anyways). I might be wrong in my interpretation of the episode, but I actually liked it.

CSI is BS they did a trans episode and yup just as good of fact checking as Mitt Romney's campaign. Oh and don't get me started on the D.N.A. typing trust me I was a Micro Biology major I have done D.N.A. finger printing and it takes what three days at the quickest now not 20 minutes.

I'm going to go ahead and remind everybody that CSI is *entertainment*, not a news source. Fact-checking goes out the window if needed, as long as they get good ratings. The more odd or outrageous, the better.

Eh, I am sure the drinker or a stinker is asking whether they do #1 or #2 in a diaper and it's probably terminology the writers came up with to create an atmosphere of a real underground society based on diapers.

Too bad they couldn't just use the real terminology.....AB/DL/TB etc.

I think, actually, that this turn of phrase refers to whether you are an AB or DL.

Drinker - uses bottles - baby paraphernalia, AB
    Stinker - uses diapers - no other paraphernalia, DL

So, with regards to that, yes, there is a divide to a certain extent in the community, in that some people are AB's, some are DL's and some of course are both or somewhere on a spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and remind everybody that CSI is *entertainment*, not a news source. Fact-checking goes out the window if needed, as long as they get good ratings. The more odd or outrageous, the better.
    Exactly, they aren't going to include an adult baby in the hope that the show can educate others that this fetish exists and that they shouldn't judge those who are different, they're including it as an element in a story for an entertainment show. Yes it was a bad portrayal of an AB/DL but it wasn't supposed to be a realistic portrayal, if you want facts then watch a documentary.

Takes a look at this.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    Then at this....

"Exactly, they aren't going to include an adult baby in the hope that the show can educate others that this fetish exists and that they shouldn't judge those who are different, they're including it as an element in a story for an entertainment show. Yes it was a bad portrayal of an AB/DL but it wasn't supposed to be a realistic portrayal, if you want facts then watch a documentary."

Then re-reads this again........

"I know this is a dumb topic right off the bat, and the CSI episode about the adult baby representation was horrible, but something has stuck in my head all of this time. The part when they enter the adult baby store (still get a good laugh at that part alone), the sales woman asks if he was a "drinker or stinker" and I'm like WTH? I guess asking rather or not someone was AB or DL would have fallin flat on the ratings? Anyhow, I like to think I've been around for quite some time as far as knowing what's what, but does this "ether or" actually exist within the community? (Not in ADISC exclusively, I mean more in general speaking)."

I don't know, it must be just me, because I still don't understand where people get their left-field comments from. Be that as it may, thank you to those who actually answered my amusing question, as it has given me a new insight towards what I originally thought. I knew and could really care less about it being "entertainment", I was just curious to break down what they might have been thinking when they created the whole "drinker/stinker" terminology.

As far as looking up fact in a documentary? You post a link worth watching and I'll check it out. In the meantime, I'm currently reading both "There's a baby in my bed" and "The Age Play and Diaper Fetish Handbook." To be quite honest, nothing has come close to either of these.

BigC300

Default Csi

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    I know this is a dumb topic right off the bat, and the CSI episode about the adult baby representation was horrible, but something has stuck in my head all of this time. The part when the enter the adult baby store (still get a good laugh at that part alone), the sales woman asks if he was a "drinker or stinker" and I'm like WTH? I guess asking rather or not someone was AB or DL would have fallin flat on the ratings? Anyhow, I like to think I've been around for quite some time as far as knowing what's what, but does this "ether or" actually exist within the community? (Not in ADISC exclusively, I mean more in general speaking).
    You know I've been wondering ever since that episode, if this guy was Abdl why was he having his nursing maiden shoot LSD enemas in him? Maybe the writers did'nt have access to our forum then?