Thread: Senioritis...

Default Senioritis...

I have it bad... I go to school every day dreaming about the absolute last day of highschool.

I always thought it was fake before I felt the actual lethargy and Apathy that is Senioritis X3

Who else can join me in this boat

You know, I don't think I ever experienced it. I came close to not graduating because of some stupid things my school did and a math class I failed...long story. But never had that "itch" of I NEED OUT NOW! My senior year was actually my best year despite all the screw ups.

pamperchu

I got it years after graduating. I will wake up form a dream that I was in school and remembering how hard it was to pass all my classes. high school was harder then college. I'm so glad i'm out of shitty public school and can learn what I want on my own time.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    I have it bad... I go to school every day dreaming about the absolute last day of highschool.

I always thought it was fake before I felt the actual lethargy and Apathy that is Senioritis X3

Who else can join me in this boat
    Wait until you're out of school, then you'll be looking back and remembering the good times you had in your last year of school.

It's the usual way of life...you always want what you can't or don't have.

Peachy

The grass really isn't greener on the other side. Try and enjoy being a kid, and being in high school. Life only gets harder and harder further down the road. Once you get hit with the cold hard reality that is the "real world", you will be wishing you were back at high school. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Truthfully I really enjoyed high school! So much so that I've now gone back and done more studying 3 times since then!!! :-O

You know, you all are talking about, the exact opposite of what I am X3.

It's not that I'm ANXIOUS to get out, it's the fact that everything is pointless to do because I already have enough credits to graduate and only have two classes that I actually HAVE to pass. It's like, why should I care about anything else when I only need these two classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Wait until you're out of school, then you'll be looking back and remembering the good times you had in your last year of school.

It's the usual way of life...you always want what you can't or don't have.

Peachy
    Such a lie. If we were talking about college/university, I'd wholeheartely agree. High school, on the other hand... High school is a hard time in life, and it's one that I would never want to repeat.

As for senioritis, I had it bad after getting back from the winter break my senior year. I wanted out of that shitty school. I wanted out of that shitty town. I didn't give half a shit about pretty much anything that happened within those walls, and I had no interest at all in being there. My school allowed for up to 10 unexcused absences before you lost credit for classes. I used all 10 of them during the last two weeks of school. There were two classes I actually enjoyed that were my last two classes each day, so I showed up to those a few times. I showed up to every class on the final day, since they made us if we wanted to walk in graduation. When I got done with that final day, I left black marks as I peeled out of the parking lot, and I would have never guessed a 1989 Pontiac Bonneville could get to 60 (100 km/h) on that short little drive leading out of the parking lot.

Trust me, life gets so much better once you're out of high school. College/University is an amazing and magical time, especially if you go away to school (I wholeheartedly recommend going somewhere that is absolutely no closer than a 2 hours drive to your parents' house). There is so much opportunity to grow as a person and try new things and make new friends and have new experiences and understand new things. The real world after that is actually not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, either. Honestly, having left the "real world" to go back to school for my master's degree, I can say that I actually miss the real world somewhat. You have your own money, your own place, your own life, and your own freedom.

At any rate, bust your ass and think of high school as nothing but a stepping stone on the way to greater things. The senioritis is tough, but you're almost there, so you have to hold it together just a bit longer.

Never experienced it. All I know is I'd rather be dealing with high school BS over this college BS.

Trust me college is way easier. I felt exactly as you did, but your last year will fly by. Don't blink and miss a thing!