Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Science Journals about psychoexual infantilism

Default Science Journals about psychoexual infantilism

First of all, I quiet don't know if this is the right forum to post this thread because it is a bit DL related, too.

When I hosted a munch in Germany I got in contact to a person who is way older than I am and had searched for reasons of being the way he was a lot longer than I had.
    He started to busy himself with this question and the look for scientifical journals that dealt with this topic in the early nineties.

By now the only journal that deals with the topic of psychosexual infantilism that I know (from him) is "Patterns of Psychosexual Infantilism" by Wilhelm Stekel.

When I started university almost 2 years ago I realized that the acess to science searching engines could help me to find more. Being almost the same age that the friend was 20 years before, but I wasn't lucky.

The only thing I found was a journal which was about a couple that had problems because of his fetish and how to deal with problems in a relationship where one has a fetish and the other one doesn't. It didn't go into detail why he was that way.

I'm wondering if anyone of you knows science articles that are related to the topic and which are less than 40 years old.

Thanks a lot
    Ank

Weinstein, Lissa ; In: Attachment and sexuality. Diamond, Diana (Ed.); Blatt, Sidney J. (Ed.); Lichtenberg, Joseph D. (Ed.); New York, NY, US: The Analytic Press/Taylor & Francis Group, Vol 21, 2007. pp. 107-136.

This is a listing of a book, this is the only thing my university's search turns up for Psychosexual infantilism. It was published in 2007.

Hope this helps.

There's a new one I have herd about its called there is a baby in my bed.you can Google it'

Having looked into this myself, my conclusion is that there is extraordinarily little published in academia about ABDLism. Google Scholar turns up ~10 hits, all of which are case studies regarding people who had enough problems balancing it with the rest of their lives to consult a professional. Some go back the better part of a century. Some had other issues that made me cringe, because it was clear the person was being evaluated due to other, pedophilic attractions, and ABDL was simply lumped on in the case studies. These articles are a very poor representation of the community both in substance and in the high selection bias of the sample.

The big thing to realize is that ABDLism has never really been formally studied on its own, at least not to the point that an academic journal has a searchable paper on it.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    There's a new one I have herd about its called there is a baby in my bed.you can Google it'
    I don't think that qualifies as an academic writing.

The thing is for a scientific paper about AB/DLs to be written you need to have AB/DLs who are willing to participate in a study and many simply aren't in the same way that most of us are not interested in going on TV for an AB/DL documentary. While there are AB/DLs that see therapists there are very few who see therapists in an attempt to cure there love of diapers. A next to negligible sample on which to conduct research upon has lead to a lack of comprehensive research on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    I don't think that qualifies as an academic writing.
    I know the author would disagree strongly with that.

I should think the place to start would be paraphilias in general, and maybe sexual role-playing.

Default Science Journals about psychoexual infantilism

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    She can disagree all she wants, as long as it's not peer reviewed then it's hard to see she'd have much of a point

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Given her postings here and elsewhere, her credibility is a bit suspect.

More importantly, it's not peer-reviewed, and it's not clear how much, if much of it at all, is based on peer-reviewed sources. I furthermore would think that if someone could write an academic book on the matter, that surely someone would have written a modern article on the topic in the peer-reviewed literature, possibly including the author herself, which leads me to believe it's not of that caliber.

Looks like it is like I expected. There is more than I found but not much.
    Right know I'm not at University so I'll look after the artivle thedevide mentioned when I'm back in October on Scopus. Maybe I'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    Having looked into this myself, my conclusion is that there is extraordinarily little published in academia about ABDLism. Google Scholar turns up ~10 hits, all of which are case studies regarding people who had enough problems balancing it with the rest of their lives to consult a professional. Some go back the better part of a century. Some had other issues that made me cringe, because it was clear the person was being evaluated due to other, pedophilic attractions, and ABDL was simply lumped on in the case studies. These articles are a very poor representation of the community both in substance and in the high selection bias of the sample.
    This. As far as current literature, and it's been a while since I have thoroughly looked, there's not much. When I was working on my B.S. in psychology, I scoured the literature. As fuitkitty said, there are a few anecdotal histories of individuals with a history of infantalism plus more severe disabilities. Not at all representative. The people in these case histories only come to the attention of academics when they cannot function in society or get in trouble with the law. I do have a dissertation on pyschosexual infantalism published by DPF some years ago (the authors last name is Speaker), which is okay. There is quite a bit of amateur literature out there, but very little peer-reviewed.