Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Famous ABDLs and Mastodon

Question Famous ABDLs and Mastodon

Sometimes I get the thought, how many people out there that receive a fair amount of media coverage are ABDLs? It is interesting to me knowing that there must be some out there considering the size and scope of media coverage and that some people you admire might share this little quirk with you. That leads me to think about music (as it is a big part of my life) and the thought that some of my favorite bands might have an ABDL member and no one could possibly know. At one particular time I was driving and, as usual, blasting music. In this case, Mastodon's The Hunter record. Now as I was thinking about this, the song Thickening came on and that reminded me of how they said the song was about being a baby. Now as I was listening to the song, I grew a bit more skeptical and thought these lyrics describe something similar to being a baby but not quite it, if you catch my drift. There are three main parts with vocals before repeating some of them so here are the lyrics to those parts:

With the lights down low
    Wrapped up like a baby
    And your hair hangs long
    Surrounding my face

Straight out of nowhere
    Buried deep inside my past
    Straight out of nowhere
    Hoping you'll be the last

Love your warm embrace
    Hold me close don't let me go
    Nipple pink and cold
    Filled up with mother's milk

Now Mastodon are known for their obscure lyrics and the line "wrapped up like a baby" is redundant so that is a bit unlike them. It would be like if President Obama said this morning: "I feel like the president of the USA." It just wouldn't make any sense. The fact that the song takes a first person view makes this line repetitive since like the president, a baby would not compare itself to itself. To me it seems more likely that it is an older person's view.

The next line that gets me is "buried deep inside my past." What past could the baby be referring to? If anything an ABDL has more reason to look into the past.

Next, "hoping you'll be the last" seems to not fit in with the whole baby thing. For us it would seem more like the binge and purge cycle many of us go through.

The lines "your hair hangs low, surrounding my face" and "nipple pink and cold, filled up with mother's milk" on the other hand, could just as well be a description of a baby-mommy relationship (a rather vulgar one at that!).

"Love your warm embrace, hold me close don't let me go" could go along the lines of the whole mommy thing or, be a representation of how nappies make one feel.

I don't know, this is just some of the random things I think of sometimes. What do you guys think?

Very interesting.. Mastodon would have been the last band I would have thought of to have a closet AB/DL, but every band has an equal chance. It's a lot like the lead singer of Rise Against. He recently came out as a Woman trapped in a man's body. His wife apparently supports him in his decision to dress like his inner woman and possibly get the transformation surgery. You never know.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed/prove/disproven, but in an interview Sean Bean admitted to "love the feeling of regression and nap pies". Not too sure what to think about that. I would absolutely love if a non creep, wholesome in the public image, person would come forth and be a better spokesperson for community. And by spokesperson, I mean "That's gross.. well *insert name here* does it, it can't be that creepy."

Rika

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    It's a lot like the lead singer of Rise Against. He recently came out as a Woman trapped in a man's body. His wife apparently supports him in his decision to dress like his inner woman and possibly get the transformation surgery. You never know.
    Actually, it's Tom Gabe, from the band Against Me Against Me! Singer Tom Gabel’s Announcement That He’s Transgender Causes Twitter Confusion Apparently twitter messed up XP

Yeah, I don't usually look for that stuff. Although, if they were, I don't think that they'd be dropping hints. I defiantly wouldn't. I think that you're breathing a bit too much into the lyrics, although I could be wrong. Personally, I bet that there is someone in the media that's an AB. But as for who, I have no clue, and it's probably impossible to find out.

Dprzazi... I really like your signature at the bottom. C.s. Lewis is fantastic. I'm sure there are more people in the media than we would think. Some ppl are also in our... Umm realm? But don't realize it. One of my friends claims that anything abdl related is gross yet also says she likes her boyfriend to baby her.. Ex. Cuddle her on his lap, fix the table, cook for her, make sure she feels safe. Sounds like what some of us like except with out the diaper part. Dont u think?

BebbyDoll, I think your friend has AB tendencies sure, but no more than plenty of other people in the world (friends of mine included) and the only thing that separates her from us is the whole diaper thing. People are very closed minded to diapers in particular because they are automatically correlated with babies, which makes us out to be pedophiles, and also with soiling oneself (which not all of us take part in) which, in turn, is looked down upon since it is considered to be waste. On a side note, thank you for the CSL note. I think he is a fantabulous author and I just updated my signature this morning since I think that is one of the few quotes I can so identify with.

As for the whole Sean Bean thing, Cloud, I would love for that to be true as he is my favorite actor of all time but I have read that interview before and that seems to me like his typical sense of humor. In all reality I highly doubt he has any idea of the existence of a subculture that practices exactly what he described. Also since it seems that you know who Mastodon is (around here next to no one does so pardon my surprise) and that you didn't expect it from them, I think it is Brent who wrote the song and lyrics. How's that for unexpected? If anything I would have considered him to much of a hillbilly country guy to be even accepting of something like this hehe. Oh well I love him either way. Something that I should have also post in the original thread, is that while it is Brent who wrote the song, it was Brann who I heard mention that it was about being a baby (with a mocking cutesy voice I might add) so it seems like if the song is about Brent being an ABDL, the rest of the band probably know about it and don't give two shits whether he is or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    It's a lot like the lead singer of Rise Against. He recently came out as a Woman trapped in a man's body.
    That's Tom Gabe, not Tim McIlrath. People can't see the difference between Against Me! and Rise Against on Twitter, so it caused confusion.

If there was a Actor or Song writer/singer or sports player that ABDLs don't you think paparazzi would of said something like that and reported it in a magazine or some news report??

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    That's Tom Gabe, not Tim McIlrath. People can't see the difference between Against Me! and Rise Against on Twitter, so it caused confusion.
    Yes someone already pointed that out on this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    If there was a Actor or Song writer/singer or sports player that ABDLs don't you think paparazzi would of noice something like that and reported it in a magazine or some news report??
    Not if the general public does not know or care about the person in question.

The amount of confirmation bias and projection in this thread is astounding. Infantilism is a rather obscure kink, to say the least. The chance of your favorite musician/actor/<insert public figure role here> being an AB/DL is minuscule, and looking for evidence to that effect is a hilariously pointless endeavor that won't result in any meaningful results.

Depends on where you live. In the USA. If a Star farts its reported as news. We can name a few. David haseelhoff Plucking in the bathroom drunk in the news. Or madonna wardrobe malfunction. Or countless Actors, singers that OD on drugs.