Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Innocence of Muslims

Default Innocence of Muslims

I'm quite surprised this topic hasn't being discuss here so here we go.

For those of you who closely see news you must be know it. A US Consulate is attacked in Libya by Angry birdsAhem mobs and the attack killed 3 US citizen including an Ambassador. And the cause of the attack is protest of an film which promotes Anti-Islam and Depiction of prophet Muhammad.

So what's the fuzz then? First that The films is(for me). Ridicules Islam and the worst Depiction of prophet Muhammad in the film Prophet Muhammad is described as I quoted from NBC "the trailer depicted Muhammad as a womanizer, a homosexual and a child abuser." And in fact the visual depiction of Prophet Muhammad is forbidden.

And is you see the news (Any channel news CNN,BBC,RT,Al-Jazeera hell even Fox News). the main news is Arab is full of demonstration against US in general. First is in Egypt,Libya,Sudan but it's now spread like wildfire. And even though President Obama condemn the video yet demonstration is still going on.

So in my minds is that yes whoever B******s who makes this film they did not have any connections with US governments and that they're working alone. So why everybody in Arab seems to hate the US itself? And since I watched RT and Al-Jazeera they said that the films isn't just the one that makes them angry but recent US policy.

What do you think about this?

Oh yeah here is the trailer that makes most people angry

I used to be of the Marxian philosophy that organized religion is the opiate of the masses.
    I now believe that it's the crystal meth (or perhaps the spice) of the masses.

There's something fishy about this whole video business. Its such an obscure piece of trash, how did anyone over there even find out it exists?

I have my suspicions that somebody with an agenda (Al Qaeda? Iran?) dug it up and spread the word to stir up trouble. Its incredibly naive to think that all of these riots and protests are spontaneous and organic. Someone who is truly paranoid might suggest that it was one or the other of our political parties who translated it to Arabic and alerted various news agencies in the middle east in order to affect politics here.

In any case, an attack on a sovereign nation's embassy is an act of war. Serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    There's something fishy about this whole video business. Its such an obscure piece of trash, how did anyone over there even find out it exists?

I have my suspicions that somebody with an agenda (Al Qaeda? Iran?) dug it up and spread the word to stir up trouble. Its incredibly naive to think that all of these riots and protests are spontaneous and organic. Someone who is truly paranoid might suggest that it was one or the other of our political parties who translated it to Arabic and alerted various news agencies in the middle east in order to affect politics here.

In any case, an attack on a sovereign nation's embassy is an act of war. Serious business.
    you're absolutely right. This film is actually unknown until the producers of this movie upload it to youtube and then someone notified Arab Television Station and then they translated it and... well you know what happened. Of course this thing might be fishy and possibly has some foreign involvement in it but we just don't know at this moment.

I'm not sure about recent policies that would make the Arab world angry at the US but when someone in the States says terrorist they think: long black beard, turban, accent, dark skin. It's just utterly ridiculous. And the thing with the ambassador being killed is being massively blown out of proportion. We don't have to go crazy figuring out why and nor does my CNN app have to have a block with the title 'Ambassador's last moments'. Not a big deal, we don't need to 'vow to find the perpetrator' we could just look into it.

14 people (ten more than with the ambassador) were just killed in an explosion, everyone in Syria is either dead or leaving, people around the world are starving! We should vow to end these things instead of making a giant fuss, a small one is appropriate, about the ambassador. Back to the actual topic-the dominant religion in America, some type of christianity, has so many people against islam or Arabs in general it is pathetic. Not trying to stir a fuss with anyone here it is just an observation-all religions have extremists. It seems like an appropriate reaction, Arabs being disgusted/hating us, when so many of us are disgusted/hate them. That movie is, besides low quality garbage and garbage in general, absolutely pathetic and every second spews racist propaganda. Of course at least one government is involved with the video and spreading it around, they like to stir up trouble. Seems like anything any government does that America doesn't like has the potential to become an act of war.

I think a medium amount of hate is justifiable given our pathetic inability to think for oursleves and practically a need to promote stereotypes and inequality. (Sorry if I come off as if I hate America, I don't honest, I just think most of us Americans are egotistical sheep. And I'm only a tiny bit of conspiracy theorist).

The chief reason the US is hated by many in the Arab world has nothing to do with our religion or values. It is because we have always been and continue to be a staunch ally of Israel.

I am a Christian, I'm not agree of this ridiculous movie because is an offense to our brothers (Islam) God told His disciples "love our enemies as I have loved you". Is true to Muslims took a bad decision, but it is part of their culture, very different from the Catholic Christians when a case like this we collected millions of signatures to prevent to publishes the movie, not in violence way.

I disagree Iamgod. An investigation into the death of the US ambassador is a Necessity. Embassies are technically considered sovereign US soil and such an attack should be considered an assault on the US itself. If anything the family of the ambassador and other members killed deserve answers and justice. And while their may be anti Islamic sentiments in the US or christian extremists, the fact remains they do not take such violent reactions to their beliefs as we often see within the Middle East. Disagreeing with media is fine, being offended is fine, killing others for something as minor as a video is not. Hate against Americans is NOT warranted. Our country did not produce nor promote the video and blaming us as a people on the whole is racist in and of itself and not justified in the least.

I respect your disagreement and agree with some of it but other parts I oppose. I did not say that his death should not be investigated and that his family should not be denied answers but that it should not be blown out of proportion as it had. I am aware that a country's embassy is considered part of its land, I think the ambassadors death should be considered just like a death on normal US soil. I don't know the exact stats but the daily death toll of this country is large. "And while their may be anti Islamic sentiments in the US or christian extremists, the fact remains they do not take such violent reactions to their beliefs as we often see within the Middle East." I staunchly disagree. Christians react very violently and have done so since its beginning. Even in the mythos of the religion it was founded on death. The Spanish Inquisition ring a bell? For a more modern example: In 2001, there were 826 reported terrorist attacks in Tripura, in which 405 people lost their lives and 481 kidnappings were made by the NLFT and related organizations such as the Christian All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTP). The NLFT is described as one of the ten most active terrorists groups in the world, it seeks to expand the "kingdom of god". That example comes from the wiki page for the NLFT. I'm also honestly sorry for sounding like I hate Christians, I am biased against the religion I will admit but individual practioners are fine. Hate against anyone is not warranted. I agree that hating every American is racist but so are Americans hating every Arab. Again, sorry for sounding like I hate Christians I was just supporting my argument.

Quote Originally Posted by IamGod View Post
    I'm not sure about recent policies that would make the Arab world angry at the US but when someone in the States says terrorist they think: long black beard, turban, accent, dark skin. It's just utterly ridiculous. And the thing with the ambassador being killed is being massively blown out of proportion. We don't have to go crazy figuring out why and nor does my CNN app have to have a block with the title 'Ambassador's last moments'. Not a big deal, we don't need to 'vow to find the perpetrator' we could just look into it.

14 people (ten more than with the ambassador) were just killed in an explosion, everyone in Syria is either dead or leaving, people around the world are starving! We should vow to end these things instead of making a giant fuss, a small one is appropriate, about the ambassador. Back to the actual topic-the dominant religion in America, some type of christianity, has so many people against islam or Arabs in general it is pathetic. Not trying to stir a fuss with anyone here it is just an observation-all religions have extremists. It seems like an appropriate reaction, Arabs being disgusted/hating us, when so many of us are disgusted/hate them. That movie is, besides low quality garbage and garbage in general, absolutely pathetic and every second spews racist propaganda. Of course at least one government is involved with the video and spreading it around, they like to stir up trouble. Seems like anything any government does that America doesn't like has the potential to become an act of war.

I think a medium amount of hate is justifiable given our pathetic inability to think for oursleves and practically a need to promote stereotypes and inequality. (Sorry if I come off as if I hate America, I don't honest, I just think most of us Americans are egotistical sheep. And I'm only a tiny bit of conspiracy theorist).
    The reason it's a huge deal is because what happened in Libya entitles the US to declare lay on Libya by International law. Attacking an embassy is exactly the same as attacking foreign land under International law so, legally speaking, it would be like if a bunch of protestors/terrorists went to Washington and killed a US representative. If the US can tie the Libyan government to the attack at all then it would be a de facto illegal declaration of war from the Libyan government. Of course it needs to be investigated, and of course the perpetrators need to be pursued at all cost. The very basic principle of diplomacy is that you do not hurt foreign diplomats, ever, for any reason. The US needs to guarantee the safety of its foreign-based staff. They are responsible for those people. The US is not responsible for foreign nationals.

And nothing justifies attacking an embassy. Ever. It's pretty much the cardinal sin of International relationships, and absolutely no amount of provocation could ever justify something like what happened in Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by IamGod View Post
    I respect your disagreement and agree with some of it but other parts I oppose. I did not say that his death should not be investigated and that his family should not be denied answers but that it should not be blown out of proportion as it had. I am aware that a country's embassy is considered part of its land, I think the ambassadors death should be considered just like a death on normal US soil. I don't know the exact stats but the daily death toll of this country is large. "And while their may be anti Islamic sentiments in the US or christian extremists, the fact remains they do not take such violent reactions to their beliefs as we often see within the Middle East." I staunchly disagree. Christians react very violently and have done so since its beginning. Even in the mythos of the religion it was founded on death. The Spanish Inquisition ring a bell? For a more modern example: In 2001, there were 826 reported terrorist attacks in Tripura, in which 405 people lost their lives and 481 kidnappings were made by the NLFT and related organizations such as the Christian All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTP). The NLFT is described as one of the ten most active terrorists groups in the world, it seeks to expand the "kingdom of god". That example comes from the wiki page for the NLFT. I'm also honestly sorry for sounding like I hate Christians, I am biased against the religion I will admit but individual practioners are fine. Hate against anyone is not warranted. I agree that hating every American is racist but so are Americans hating every Arab. Again, sorry for sounding like I hate Christians I was just supporting my argument.
    The murder of an ambassador on foreign land is honestly something that is hard to blow out of proportion. It's an act of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relationships
    Article 22. The premises of a diplomatic mission, such as an embassy, are inviolate and must not be entered by the host country except by permission of the head of the mission. Furthermore, the host country must protect the mission from intrusion or damage. The host country must never search the premises, nor seize its documents or property. Article 30 extends this provision to the private residence of the diplomats.
    At best the Libyan government was negligent from their duty to the United States (which the US reciprocate by protecting Libyan diplomatic missions on it's soil). It's a serious violation of what is expected under International law.