Thread: Abena M4 vs Tena Slip Maxi

DrunknFox

Default Abena M4 vs Tena Slip Maxi

Opinions? Because from what I've seen, it looks like the same diaper, different design on the front.
    I've never tried them, so I'd like some opinions before I go out and buy them, if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunknFox View Post
    Opinions? Because from what I've seen, it looks like the same diaper, different design on the front.
    I've never tried them, so I'd like some opinions before I go out and buy them, if you don't mind.
    I've used both of these for extended periods of 24/7ness. They are different diapers and they're made by different companies. There isn't a best one as such, it depends on your usage, your body (for a good fit) and so on.

They both have about the same level of absorbency but they work in different ways. Specifically, the Abena has better wicking ability but the Tena seems to be better at handling floods. The Abena is thicker to start with and holds it's shape whereas the Tena starts small and then swells up a lot when used.

In terms of features they both have leak guards and double tapes. The leak guards in the Tena seem to be more reliable than the ones in the Abena. The tapes on both diapers are poor in my opinion. The Tena is resealable but the tapes have a tendency to snap eailsy, whereas the tapes on the Abena seem to only work once and aren't very secure.

Prices seem to vary depending on the country. Due to the thickness of the Abenas you get less in a pack (14) than you do with the Tena (24). In my experience one of each diaper can be used for about the same length of time, so I find the Tena more cost effective.

They're both currently plastic backed, although there was a lot of concern about Abena switching to a cloth backing a few months ago. There isn't much difference between the plastic backed ones, though I think the Tena plastic is a bit smooter and seems to chafe less.

I personally prefer the Tena Slip Maxi. You might want to consider ordering a sample of each to find out which one works best for you.

The m4 is thicker and more absorbant. NO doubt I"ve had both.