Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prosecution for those Responsible for Torture?

Default Prosecution for those Responsible for Torture?

[Split from this thread where it shifted to a question about the prosecution of those responsible for authorizing torture and war crimes under current international law]

I think the real question is: why aren't we hunting American war criminals for torture?
    Last edited by Trevor; 16-Sep-2012 at 04:47. Reason: Making the purpose of the thread clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by SubterraneanSun View Post
    I think the real question is: why aren't we hunting American war criminals for torture.
    I knew someone was going to go down this road. No one can resist.

I think the real question is: why aren't we hunting American war criminals for torture?
    I kNow RiIht it's like we diN't do jAckShit against the people from Abu Ghraib.

Lynndie England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh nope... we totally did shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    I knew someone was going to go down this road. No one can resist.
    It's just silly that we have such a selective system of justice. Hunt down 90 year old retired men, but ignore what those who are currently in power.

It's just silly that we have such a selective system of justice. Hunt down 90 year old retired men, but ignore what those who are currently in power.
    What about imprisoning ourselves for the lack of actions we take to prevent people like Kony from existing, or allowing the shit in Syria to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I kNow RiIht it's like we diN't do jAckShit against the people from Abu Ghraib.

Lynndie England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh nope... we totally did shit about it.
    Maybe you heard of this guy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush

Maybe you heard of this guy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush
    And?

If you want to impression or kill him then a lot of congressmen and women should follow suit. Then our parents should follow suit for electing them, right? Also G.W bush isn't in power anymore, hell he's dropped off the world's radar and he's keeping it that way because he doesn't want to deal with misinformed and delusional people like you.

you come into a topic that has NOTHING to do with IRAQ and GW bush and just be like ohh don't mind me, I'm just here to hijack your topic for my own purpose.

I assume your talking about Guantanamo bay? I wouldn't personally hold responsible the people carrying this out, I blame the presidents that we have had. Bush who first decided to break the Geneva convention, and then Obama who's first day proclamation was to end the torture camps.... and he never did.

I'd also like to point out that there is a huge difference between what the Nazi's did and what the United States is doing. Both are immoral but in the case of the US we are using torture techniques on only those who are highly likely to contain information that pertains to the security of the united states, not that it's the right thing to do in the least. Also the US isn't sparking racial genocide.

I'm not exactly sure how actively Nazi war criminals are being hunted down. Sometimes they are just found out by their neighbors and the authorities get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    And?

If you want to impression or kill him then a lot of congressmen and women should follow suit. Then our parents should follow suit for electing them, right? Also G.W bush isn't in power anymore, hell he's dropped off the world's radar and he's keeping it that way because he doesn't want to deal with misinformed and delusional people like you.

you come into a topic that has NOTHING to do with IRAQ and GW bush and just be like ohh don't mind me, I'm just here to hijack your topic for my own purpose.
    He authorized torture. My point had NOTHING to do with IRAQ. Maybe you're comfortable with people doing crimes behind a desk, but he is directly responsible for torture policies.

He authorized torture. My point had NOTHING to do with IRAQ. Maybe you're comfortable with people doing crimes behind a desk, but he is directly responsible for torture policies.
    trust me no ones going after Bush for war crimes, well at lease any *sane* people. Notably because he didn't commit any!