Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just your average kid...

Default Just your average kid...

Hi. I'm Tay. I'm 21 years old. I was pointed this way by Error404. He thought I might learn more about myself.

I've always had a thing for "baby" toys and kept mine until I was 9, when my mother made me throw them all out because they were "too dangerous" for the new baby on the way, since they were old and outdated. She destroyed all her toys, so I couldn't even snag any of hers. I've got that whole oral fixation thing going on and I have a soother that I use from time to time. When I was living on my own, I usually used a bottle at night time.

I often find myself feeling at odds with the AB/TB community when I read up on it because I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in diapers or having a "caregiver." I toilet trained myself at the age of 22 months because I thought diapers were gross (that's NOT a judgement against those of you who use them, btw. I fully support a person's right to wear a diaper if they want and would happily do the shopping for them if I had a friend who was too scared to buy them for him/herself). Yes, I do remember that far back.

My largest issue is that I guess my interests are more at the "preschooler" level, where you haven't left baby stuff behind totally yet, but you're not still in diapers or needing (or even wanting) a bottle all the time. I feel like there's no place in the AB/TB community for people like me because everyone's always talking about diapers and how much they love diapers.

I guess I'm mostly here to try and find more people like me so I won't feel such a freak. I've got a wonderful fiancÚ who supports me in my pacifier and bottle use and laughs at (lovingly) my love of baby and small children's toys. His idea of a good afternoon is making a blanket fort and watching cartoons from it. Despite that, I feel like there are extremely few people who do the whole age regression thing but who hate the concept of wearing a diaper (for themselves, again, I pass NO judgement against those who enjoy it. More power to them. It's just not for me. I just want to be clear cause I don't want to offend anyone.).

Welcome, Tay!

It's not all just diapers, diapers, diapers here as you soon will see. The diversity of the members of this site continues to impress me. Some of us might be using diapers at times ( or all the time ), and for some, that connection to our childhood goes right through a pile of autumn leaves or a fort in the bedroom where no one can get you. I know you will find something here, as I have.

Have fun!

KittyKat

Welcome! I sort of know how you feel. Sometimes I don't think I fit in with the AB/DL community either because I am rather disgusted by the thought of wearing diapers(I have no problem with others who wear.) Maybe you are strictly AB like me.

I thought AB referred to those who were adults IRL but felt comforted by infantilism and TB referred to those who were teens IRL but felt comforted by infantilism?

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    I thought AB referred to those who were adults IRL but felt comforted by infantilism and TB referred to those who were teens IRL but felt comforted by infantilism?
    There's a whole lot more to it than that, though. If you look through the ADISC wiki, you will find lot's of detail, but basically, Infantilism encompasses some or all aspects of being baby/child like, diapers are not a requirement, just an important part for a lot of people. DL's have an attachment more towards the diaper, not necessarily the feelings of being a baby/child again.

For as many people are here, there is a different definition for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by snapcrotch View Post
    There's a whole lot more to it than that, though. If you look through the ADISC wiki, you will find lot's of detail, but basically, Infantilism encompasses some or all aspects of being baby/child like, diapers are not a requirement, just an important part for a lot of people. DL's have an attachment more towards the diaper, not necessarily the feelings of being a baby/child again.

For as many people are here, there is a different definition for each one.
    Sorry, I should have used the quote function. That was in reference to KittyKat's comment where she (assuming gender here) said that maybe I was more "AB" like her. My understanding was that the A or the T was in reference to the physical age of the person practicing infantilism. I've been reading through the wiki and I've been following discussions on infantilism for awhile and I'm just wondering if I'd misunderstood something or if KittyKat is using a more personal definition of AB.

Welcome to the site, Tay. Most people here are pretty keen on diapers, but it's not a requirement by any means. The feeling of being apart from others is a much more common one, so I hope you'll get some benefit from the place on that score.

To clarify from your intro, you say you're not interested in a caregiver. Is your interest pretty much solo, then? Would you ideally just like a playmate (in the platonic, pre-school sense for anyone who's thinking pervy thoughts!) or more than one? I'm not auditioning, I'm just curious about the scripts people have running in their heads and how they satisfy them. Is this just an occasional desire that brings comfort when you express it, or do you see it as something more fundamental to your personality?

I don't mean to put you on the spot or anything. Please ignore anything that you don't care to discuss.

KittyKat

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    Sorry, I should have used the quote function. That was in reference to KittyKat's comment where she (assuming gender here) said that maybe I was more "AB" like her. My understanding was that the A or the T was in reference to the physical age of the person practicing infantilism. I've been reading through the wiki and I've been following discussions on infantilism for awhile and I'm just wondering if I'd misunderstood something or if KittyKat is using a more personal definition of AB.
    I could be considered an AB or a TB because I'm still a teen but I'm also an adult (I'm 19). Since you are 21 years old you would be considered an AB. Only you can decide how you want to lable yourself though. I think that an AB and a TB are basically the same thing, just the age is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
    I could be considered an AB or a TB because I'm still a teen but I'm also an adult (I'm 19). Since you are 21 years old you would be considered an AB. Only you can decide how you want to lable yourself though. I think that an AB and a TB are basically the same thing, just the age is the difference.

Ooooooooh. I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that, because I didn't like diapers, I was more AB than TB.

*headdesk*

Sorry. Running on far too little sleep (personal drama).

@ Trevor: Yeah, more a playmate thing. I get bed time stories from my fiancÚ, but that's not so much wanting a caregiver as just enjoying bed time stories and that's about the only thing I can't set up for myself (short of audiobooks, which are just too impersonal). He's more apt to be my playmate than anything else, though, outside of that singular context. I don't need a lot of playmates, but I have to admit that most of my interactions with good friends, my whole life, have been on the more "childish" level. We'd talk about "serious stuff" but usually while playing on playground equipment or chasing each other through the toy aisles. My fiancÚ's desires for pillow and blanket forts is just a bonus with him. I do wish I could break him of his love of Spongebob, though...

It is a major part of me, not just a passing thing. I CAN act totally adult when I need to--I'm a cub pack leader and I am MORE than capable of being very strict with my boys--but I can also get down and come up with new and stupid games with them and I'm MORE than willing to play most of the games (I don't play tag, for example, because I don't feel it's fair to them since I have way longer legs, but I also don't want to be patronizing by not givng my all) and do all the crafts and feed the deer and run around climbing trees. I don't LIKE being strict, but I can when I need to. Same with dealing with work and stuff. I can be the most adult adult ever--my mother has recently told me that I'm "freakishly" mature most of the time--but when I'm alone or with a good friend who is in any way similar to me, I want to be goofy and silly and childish and I really don't ENJOY being "adult."

As a matter of fact, despite being 21, I NEVER think of myself as an adult. I still think of myself as a young teenager. With people I haven't spoken to, who are seeing me for the first time in a casual situation, they usually judge my age to be 13 or 14--and it literally appears as if I stopped aging at that age, so when I AM childish in public, it's often passed off as me being much younger than I am.
    Last edited by Tay; 28-Oct-2008 at 19:30. Reason: didn't want two posts of mine in a row, so added a response to someone else as well.

KittyKat

That's okay. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I meant you're strictly AB not DL.