Thread: Does childhood obesity mean more ABDL clothes/diapers for some of us?

Default Does childhood obesity mean more ABDL clothes/diapers for some of us?

September is National Childhood Obesity Month in the U.S. This has been in the news for a while and has been discussed on some closed threads here. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe in a crowd of people (like a people visiting a tourist spot) that more kids are overweight these days. Like a lot more. I don't mean to make light of the phenomenon, it's sad really. However, doesn't this benefit ABDL's? Especially those of us who are small framed who might be able to fit into clothes or diapers made for large kids. Manufacturers might be bumping up their sizes to fill a new market and accommodate little Joey, who is not actually very little.

It hasn't appeared to make much difference. The only effect I observe is fewer available options in small adult diapers. Could be more than one reason, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The only effect I observe is fewer available options in small adult diapers.
    Isn't that because a lot of adults are overweight these days too? But, I agree with you, there are larger adult diapers and larger baby/toddler/pre-teen diapers or pull-ups, but a gap or lack of small adult/teen size diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Isn't that because a lot of adults are overweight these days too? But, I agree with you, there are larger adult diapers and larger baby/toddler/pre-teen diapers or pull-ups, but a gap or lack of small adult/teen size diapers.
    While I don't know the specifics I do know that a lot of small sizes are being discontinued because of lack of demand, could be due to obesity but only the companies know the real answer. As someone with a 27 inch waist it really does suck though, I can just about keep an M4 on but now the S4 is gone I can't really see myself ever buying from Abena for a long time.

That is a VERY interesting way to look at that~

I don't think it'll do a whole lot, at least not in the realm of things I want as an AB.

hmmm never thought about it that way, but it would make some sense.

The obesity may have a major part to play. More big people means less demand for small diapers.

Thats very optimistic of you! Yeah I hope they do bump of the sizes of diapers and things like that. I myself am extremely skinny (not bragging, just stating a fact) so it would benefit me greatly !

pamperchu

I do know it means better tasting food. I love the junk food they make in the h USA, Just lay in my playpen with a box of cookies and a pampers size 8