Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP to those who perished 11 years today

Default RIP to those who perished 11 years today

You will never be forgotten.

RIP

Default Re: RIP to those who perished 11 years today

Same here. You will never be forgotten.

I'm honoring them the best way I know how.

Keeping calm and carrying on. Time to go biking and swimming.

They shouldn't have died. Let's just hope that their deaths wasn't all in vain, and that we may have learned at least something by all of this.

Memento mori.

CrinklySiren

It saddens me that it takes a large amount of deaths for something in the US to be remembered. Fire2box said it best, honor them by moving on, the more you dwell on the events of 11 years ago, the worse off everyone is. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Crassi View Post
    They shouldn't have died. Let's just hope that their deaths wasn't all in vain, and that we may have learned at least something by all of this.

Memento mori.
    They died because a small group of idiots hated the world and Americans so much they used planes as missiles. All the other people were community to get to jobs, going on vacation or seeing family and/or friends. They just got seriously unlucky and that's just about it. They died trough no fault of their own, their deaths therefor I think can never be in vain.

The only thing I've learn is that terrorists are still and likely always will be the worlds biggest idiots. Because guess what, NOTHING'S changed. They just lost their whole stupid jihad right there and that's why their idiots is they keep thinking they can change the world.

(Also yes I just got back from my ride to my gym and swam for about a hour and a half. Yes it was fantastic!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    They died because a small group of idiots hated the world and Americans so much they used planes as missiles. All the other people were community to get to jobs, going on vacation or seeing family and/or friends. They just got seriously unlucky and that's just about it. They died trough no fault of their own, their deaths therefor I think can never be in vain.

The only thing I've learn is that terrorists are still and likely always will be the worlds biggest idiots. Because guess what, NOTHING'S changed. They just lost their whole stupid jihad right there and that's why their idiots is they keep thinking they can change the world.
    I do realize that this is a very sensitive subject, especially to those who were involved a bit more directly than I was. I do respect your opinion, and I think it's very easy to see it that way. Personally, I'm just trying to be optimistic and see some sliver of light in all of this.

The 9/11 incident (and please, I'm speaking strictly subjectively now, I do not represent anyone else) was to me a pretty clear signal that the world isn't safe. Of course, this should be pretty obvious, but I still remember when I was a little kid and first heard of it. It took some time for it to sink in, that the nation with the most powerful war-machine in the world could be attacked, on this scale, by what in essence was just a few individuals. It put things into perspective for me. Of course, since then I've seen a lot of similar incidents here on my own continent, but still.

I like to think that the event woke some Americans up to see the world for what it really is, that you can't lull yourself into a false state of perceived safety. Also, to me, it served as a pretty healthy reminder of our mortality, how easy we all can die, and how hard it is to be protected if someone's out to get you. And I mean, as long as a single person learnt something by all of this then, well, at least *something* good came out of of the atrocity.

Of course, that's just my opinion, and I hope no one is offended by it. Touchy subject and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crassi View Post
    I do realize that this is a very sensitive subject, especially to those who were involved a bit more directly than I was. I do respect your opinion, and I think it's very easy to see it that way. Personally, I'm just trying to be optimistic and see some sliver of light in all of this.

The 9/11 incident (and please, I'm speaking strictly subjectively now, I do not represent anyone else) was to me a pretty clear signal that the world isn't safe. Of course, this should be pretty obvious, but I still remember when I was a little kid and first heard of it. It took some time for it to sink in, that the nation with the most powerful war-machine in the world could be attacked, on this scale, by what in essence was just a few individuals. It put things into perspective for me. Of course, since then I've seen a lot of similar incidents here on my own continent, but still.

I like to think that the event woke some Americans up to see the world for what it really is, that you can't lull yourself into a false state of perceived safety. Also, to me, it served as a pretty healthy reminder of our mortality, how easy we all can die, and how hard it is to be protected if someone's out to get you. And I mean, as long as a single person learnt something by all of this then, well, at least *something* good came out of of the atrocity.

Of course, that's just my opinion, and I hope no one is offended by it. Touchy subject and all.
    well the worlds never been safe and Muslim extremist/terrorist's just flashed on average American's radars shortly before 9/11 and even then nearly all of us dismissed them. I just can't see anything that can be learned by the general populace other then there are people that would like nothing more then to kill us. Except asides Ted bundy, or the person who poisoned Tylenol pills is these people are of every race, creed and religion. Which in that case only promotes even more racism and further back pedal's everything.

I think the issue with the racism after 9/11 towards middle easterner's is simply people wear either fearful or took "be vigilant" far to strongly.

pixuul

I stand to fight those who caused this