Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey there furries, I could use your help

Default Hey there furries, I could use your help

Don't know what I'm trying to accomplish here exactly, but I figure this would be the place to talk about this. Anyway, I've just kind of realized I'm a furry or baby/diaperfur (I think). Originally, I was was only an ABDL (my reason for going to this site) but after some reflecting and thinking, I've realized I absolutely love fursuits. I think they look really cute and it would just be really fun to have one. I'd love to wear it to raves, costume parties, or just whenever I'm in the mood. However, I don't really have a "fursona", I don't see myself as a specific animal nor do I know if I'm more of a babyfur or a non-baby furry, and it's not an erotic thing at all for me. I just think the fursuits look awesome and really want one. I really want a fox (or a fox like) one, but one of my DL friends and mentor told me one of his friends is a baby dragon and I think that sounds like it would be awesome too. I just love the soft, plush look and feel of them and the HUGE puppy dog looking eyes all fursuits seem to have.

So I guess I want some opinions from "experienced" furries/babyfurs. Am I a furry? And what's a good budget for a fursuit? I realize they can be anywhere from $100, to more than $2000 (or you could make it yourself). Can $500-$800 get you a quality, full body fursuit (including head piece)?

Sorry if I'm misusing terms or some parts of this thread are unclear. I'm new to this whole thing and it's really late, plus I'm going on very little sleep, but I look forward to talking with you guys and hope you can help me in developing my furry side .

Well you can have a head and feet made and sew your own body suit you can save money there .so goto livejournal or Google it then go to group fursuit they tell you how to make your own stuff hope this helps.
    Hugs to a fellow babyfur.also try babyfurme.com tffox.the thing about being a fur you can have two fursonas
    One fox and dragon I have a babyfur fursuit and one adult one too. :-)

Go to furbuy.com, FURSUIT AUCTIONS or the dealersden.com it is a furry auction site that offers fursuits for generally really cheap. I bought mine off dealersden for $500, it came with a head, tail, and handpaws. I then paid $200 for fur and made my own bodysuit, with enough fur left over to make a second bodysuit. If you are like me and didn't find an auction containing feetpaws, use the extra fur that you bought to make the bodysuit and commission someone to make you feetpaws that allow you to supply your own fur.

Some things to know though, if you find someone to commission a fullsuit from, you will need a DTD or a duct tape dummy. FurrHappens- Duct Tape Dummy You will need a friends help to make one of these.

I'd say that you should try a partial suit first. It'll be less expensive, and it will give you a feel for what fursuiting is actually like. Partials are also cooler, due to the fact that your torso is covered by clothes and not fur (which by nature is designed to be HOT).

There's a plethora of different options that you can do with your suit, including different styles (realistic, cartooney, etc) and different makers (unless you choose to make it yourself).

In all, I think 500-800 would get you a quality headpiece with handpaws and a tail(footpaws wouldn't be hard to make, I imagine), but definitely not a fullsuit.

SkarTiger

Hi XxThisGuyxX

It's your own choice whether to be a Babyfur or Diaperfur. I'm predominately Babyfur although most of my friends here are predominately Diaperfur. Basically I play my fursona through different ages and he wears diapers as a teenagers as he's incontinent. Otherwise I'm a Babyfur.

A Babyfur is a furry of baby age and a Diaperfur is of teen-adult age and they have a diaper fetish or wear diapers for a reason.
    Skar

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. I'm awful at arts and crafts and was really hoping I could avoid trying to make it myself (I doubt I could make something to the standard I'd like or am looking for), but I guess if I take my time with it and have the help of someone, it shouldn't be a problem hopefully. Plus, here in the Bay Area, there's a huge art community (and furry community I think)so I'm sure I can find someone to help out or have them make one on commission. I'll also peruse online too and see what I can find.

What's hard for me defining my furry side, is that if you asked me what type of furry I am (my fursona and if I'm baby/diaper/adult fur), I couldn't say. I'm simply a guy who really likes fursuits (which is why I'm not sure if I can be considered a furry or not). Of course, things always change with time and I'm usually pretty open minded so I'm sure I could develop a fursona and what type of furry I am sometime in the future.

You guys are giving me great info, the exact sort of stuff I was hoping to and needed to hear from "experienced" furries. Like getting each part in pieces and/or getting a partial suit, plus all the resources about getting a fursuit and making a fursuit.

I guess I should mention this now, but if there's anyone around the Bay Area who feels like helping a noob make a fursuit and or would be down to make one out of provided materials on commission, feel free to shoot me a PM or leave a visitor message. I'm pretty broke right now, so it won't be for awhile, but I'm down to meet some furries and admire their collection.
    Last edited by TheCaptain; 10-Sep-2012 at 00:55. Reason: Adding info

My question for you is how much are you going to wear the suit? i know you said " I'd love to wear it to raves, costume parties, or just whenever I'm in the mood." but be sure how much that is. You dont want to spend alot of money just to wear a suit only for a party that is once in a while and also know how hot they can get when wearing at Raves you can easily overheat. For this reason is why i think you should get a Partial first.

Also I think first thing you should know is exactly what your fursona is. Nothing worst then getting a Fox suit then a bit later decide you want to be a wolf.

Price wise Most good makers charge 800+ for a base price for just the head. So like Wingdog said Look at furry auction sites and look for a good deal.

jillcostumes.com was the one who made mine as a partial then a year later i had someone made the body. She has gone up in price since when i get mine made tho charging 900 just for the head.

There is another i could show you but FA is down so i cant get the links

I got mine from iceage on FA but they are down he will do babyfur fursuits he did my cub head he starts at 450.00 for head.FA will be up in a few days check him out.

FA = Fursuit Auctions I presume?

I'm planning (key word here, I know) on wearing it a bunch (which to me would be at least once a month) and by wear, I mean wear out. Fortunately my dad use to work at an amphitheater so I can get a lot of free tix to stuff, so I'd love to wear to those. For everyday use (like around my house), most the time I'd probably just throw the head on. I forgot to mention this before, but having the head around would also be very aesthetically pleasing to me. I love having plush, cute looking things lying around my room. Also, from the sounds of it, I probably won't be getting it all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by XxThisGuyxX View Post
    FA = Fursuit Auctions I presume?

I'm planning (key word here, I know) on wearing it a bunch (which to me would be at least once a month) and by wear, I mean wear out. Fortunately my dad use to work at an amphitheater so I can get a lot of free tix to stuff, so I'd love to wear to those. For everyday use (like around my house), most the time I'd probably just throw the head on. I forgot to mention this before, but having the head around would also be very aesthetically pleasing to me. I love having plush, cute looking things lying around my room. Also, from the sounds of it, I probably won't be getting it all at once.
    FA = furaffinity.net aka the mecca of furries all over the world. currently offline