Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to increase the flow on a bottle nipple?

Default How to increase the flow on a bottle nipple?

I'm hosting an upcoming local play party, and I inadvertently ordered a 12-pack of what turned out to be "0-3 month" bottles, specifically designed to be slow flow.

Definitely not good for this purpose. What's the most effective way to fix this problem so big babies can get something out of their bottles without wearing out their jaws sucking?

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    I'm hosting an upcoming local play party, and I inadvertently ordered a 12-pack of what turned out to be "0-3 month" bottles, specifically designed to be slow flow.

Definitely not good for this purpose. What's the most effective way to fix this problem so big babies can get something out of their bottles without wearing out their jaws sucking?
    I should be ashamed that I know of a solution...blushes. I have used the tip of a cork screw (wine in that bottle anyone?) and enlarged the hole. You have to be careful that you don't make it too large, or rip the nipple. I've never had any problems doing this however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I should be ashamed that I know of a solution...blushes. I have used the tip of a cork screw (wine in that bottle anyone?) and enlarged the hole. You have to be careful that you don't make it too large, or rip the nipple. I've never had any problems doing this however.
    Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Oh, and no wine, but we'll be offering "chocolate" milk (Kahlua and half-and-half, aka sombrero) or "juice" (bay breeze)...

Haha...that sounds like a good concoction for a baby's bottle.

Vodka, cranberry, and pineapple (the bay breeze) makes for a delightful bottle concoction. The extra diuretic properties (not only the alcohol, but the cranberry as well) will ensure that some Daddies and Mommies will have some wet diapers to change in pretty short order thereafter.

The other way is a hot needle poke more holes that is the old way:-)

I just took a razor cutter to the tip of the nipple on my bottles and made a 1/8 inch (2 mm) slit. It's worked well enough for me.

I love power tools so in one bottle I used a cordless Black N Decker drill to drill an extra hole but most of the time a razor blade works fine.

Supersam1223

Default How to increase the flow on a bottle nipple?

Quote Originally Posted by Quietside View Post
    I love power tools so in one bottle I used a cordless Black N Decker drill to drill an extra hole but most of the time a razor blade works fine.
    That's a bit of overkill isn't it!?