Thread: Hi

aperson1284

Default Hi

Am not great at talking about myself but I guess its the polite thing to do, so here goes...

Im 27, I live in Nottingham (England - is there another one?) and I guess im sort of a DL/sort of an AB. Im at Uni at one of the Nottingham universities (sorry too paranoid to specify which one) studying a Business related course although it isnt going too well currently.

I have my own place near the centre and live alone, am not too great at the interpersonal stuff, its just me so please dont take it offencively.

Not sure what else to write here so I hope thats okay?

Quote Originally Posted by aperson1284 View Post
    Am not great at talking about myself but I guess its the polite thing to do, so here goes...

Im 27, I live in Nottingham (England - is there another one?) and I guess im sort of a DL/sort of an AB. Im at Uni at one of the Nottingham universities (sorry too paranoid to specify which one) studying a Business related course although it isnt going too well currently.

I have my own place near the centre and live alone, am not too great at the interpersonal stuff, its just me so please dont take it offencively.

Not sure what else to write here so I hope thats okay?
    Welcome to the community fellow Brit, tea?

I've just dropped out of university personally, I just completely fell out of love with the course but I hope you're doing better then I was.

As for other stuff to write here, tell us about your hobbies, personally I'm a PC gamer and I love, but am not great at, competitive MOGs such as League of Legends and World of Tanks.
    Last edited by LilMonkeyAlex; 09-Sep-2012 at 04:04. Reason: Removed double post

aperson1284

Hi :-)

I hope it wasnt too traumatic leaving university, im at something of a crossroads trying to decide if I should stay, go, resit exams, or something else (assuming there is a something else). It hasnt gone too well as my mental health slumped considerably around two years ago and is yet to recover - everything has been difficult since then.

As for hobbies, well I dont have too many at the moment - I dont want to sound depressing but I mostly find myself sat on the sofa with my laptop looking at random websites and watching something on Sky; the mental health situation and my complete lack of energy most of the time makes things difficult. I do have interests but again, same problem.

If it's not too personal, did something happen to cause this slump? Admittedly my mental health had been steadily decaying for years due to bullying at school and I know how it feels not to have the drive to really do anything with the day, so I lie a little to myself and say that's my little side not caring and encouraging me to game all day.

Are there any particular websites you browse regularly? I have to deliberately avoid TVTropes.org because once there, you are trapped, but I usually browse Icanhascheezburger and memebase in the morning for some cheap laughs.

aperson1284

Yes but nothing individual that I can identify - I think it was just a combination of multiple stresses, concerns, anxiety, paranoia, etc that caused me to "fail" mentally (for want of a better word).

And no, no particular websites... my concentration wanders so I begin looking at one thing and usually end up somewhere else entirely random and different sometime later (like a wikipedia article on motorised parts in vacuum cleaners or something).