Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Baby Maybe?

Default Adult Baby Maybe?

So this has been bugging me a little. I'm not sure if I'm an Adult Baby or not. On one hand, I have gotten into a place where I began sucking my thumb and wanted to crawl around on the floor. I even bought some pacifiers once (lost them unfortunately), really like the smell and feel of baby powder, and even wondered what it was like to drink from a baby bottle. On the other hand, I internally see myself as a full-grown adult. I'm independent and hate the idea of people doing stuff for me, especially when I can do it myself. I don't know, what do you guys think.

Do you need the label to justify who you are?

I mean if you're just the type of person who enjoys a pacifier every now and then, or you really do like to wear diapers and stuff, is that solely contingent upon you "being an adult baby," i.e. if you decide you're not an adult baby then you'll never do it?

I don't like labels personally. I am who I am. Adult baby certainly describes me but it's not who I am. I don't go "goo goo ga ga," I don't like messy diapers, and I don't really care for baby food. These are certainly attributes of being an adult baby, but not a necessity and I don't think of myself as any less or more AB than someone who does enjoy that.

Be who you wanna be, it really doesn't matter what a label tries to dictate you are. Labels create stereotypes, sometimes true, sometimes false, nothing more.

Yeah, good point. Maybe I am looking too much into it. Oh well, I was still wondering.

I'm in a similar place ScarecrowJoe, I stumbled across this by accident and sort of fit but don't quite.
    JackieMae - I like your point about not being defined or confined by labels, but labels can also greatly contribute to having a sense of identity and community - which can be very positive.

On this forum I don't think there are any hard and fast definitions. If you like to do the things you describe you certainly seem justified in calling yourself an adult baby. I call myself an Adult Little Kid, as well as a diaper lover, but I don't go around in the mindset of a three-year-old all the time. This morning I am still wearing a diapie from last night, and may be wearing one or not as I go about my business today; I might even have a pee pee "accident" in my big-boy pants. But I will definitely put on big-boy underpants and go out to dinner with friends as a grownup.
    Last edited by PPpants; 08-Sep-2012 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Baburun View Post
    I'm in a similar place ScarecrowJoe, I stumbled across this by accident and sort of fit but don't quite.
    JackieMae - I like your point about not being defined or confined by labels, but labels can also greatly contribute to having a sense of identity and community - which can be very positive.
    If you use labels for the ease of describing yourself, sure.

If you use labels to DEFINE yourself? I disagree.

well im an ab I know that I am I love wearing baby oil,powder,diapers,eat baby food,use to sleep in a crib drink formula,eat baby food use baby toys,have plushies and baby bottles and onesies and outfits so yes I am an ab but when I hang around friends I don't go out like that I love my friends and they love me so don't use labels if you feel like an ab then you are if you feel like you are an dl or diaper lover then you are if you feel like you are neither but like doing those things then your a person that likes to do those things either you are or your not hope this helps scarecrow

Sounds like you're re-living some fond memories from your early years. Even though it was before most of us ever had a conscious memory, our baby years were more than likely the happiest times of our lives. Someone looked after our every need. Our only concerns were hunger and discomfort, and all we had to do was cry to get those needs met. If only we could have that in our adult lives. So it is natural to associate some of those things, such as smells and baby activities with feeling good. For others of us, it is more intense. We like to immerse ourselves in the clothes and diapers and behaviors that we remember from a time past. Either way, it doesn't mean you are one thing or another. Just enjoy what makes you happy!

you like the baby attire and pondered baby thoughts, yet you want to do everything yourself.
    you are 2 years old.
    in the "i can do it" stage.

I am there sometimes also. I enjoy the baby activities, but feel guilty about them. My gf says I have a major guilt complex. I really feel guilty about not telling her I wear diapers because I like it. I have nightmares, so I blame that for wearing at night.