Thread: Am i wetting my bed?

Default Am i wetting my bed?

Ive been waking up lately with dampness everywhere and i dont know what happenim and its not soaked by the way jst damp

Could be sweat. Some people sweat a lot. If you can't tell if you wet the bed, wear some underwear or panties to sleep, check them when you wake up, you should be able to tell if they are wet.

Where is it damp or wet? If it's in the area of where your hips would be it could be dribbleing. Also should have a pee odor. Other wise

it's probably sweat.

It could be 'night sweats'.
    I've had them at various times in my life: medications, hormones, anxiety, and various other things can cause them... Many of the causes aren't serious or cause for concern.
    For me, it didn't feel just like sweating at night: I'd wake up soaking wet, even with a tiny puddle in the notch below my sternum. It was horrible, and felt quite unbelievable almost every time ("How am I this wet?"). Anyway, they've come and gone, and it felt a relief to me when I determined the cause (a particular medication was the primary cause, and I'm now off it). I found that sleeping slightly cooler than felt ideal was quite effective (like using a sheet when I wanted a duvet, or only partially covering up...).

Anyway, it could be that. I don't know your circumstances, but I also had them as a teenager which was probably hormones rather than medication.

I dont know if it's sweat cause it's never happened before, and I'm not a sweaty person. It could b a number of things I suppose. Ill wear a goodnite tonite and check tomorrow to see if it's pee, if not its probably hormones or something. I'll post tomorrow saying what it was

Good plan.
    The thing about night sweats is that it isn't to do with whether you're a sweaty person or not (I don't usually sweat) but is a sign of something else going on; mine came and went suddenly.

Clothes that have been wet usually smell pretty distinct by the time morning rolls around. If they don't noticeably smell like pee, its likely sweat as stated before. The goodnite thing sounds like a good way to find out for sure.

Brendan trying the goodnites to see if only they are wet when you wake up to see if it is bedwetting or just sweating is is really good idea. How did it work out?

bjm904

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious View Post
    It could be 'night sweats'. I've had them at various times in my life: medications, hormones, anxiety, and various other things can cause them... Many of the causes aren't serious or cause for concern. For me, it didn't feel just like sweating at night: I'd wake up soaking wet, even with a tiny puddle in the notch below my sternum. It was horrible, and felt quite unbelievable almost every time ("How am I this wet?"). Anyway, they've come and gone, and it felt a relief to me when I determined the cause (a particular medication was the primary cause, and I'm now off it). I found that sleeping slightly cooler than felt ideal was quite effective (like using a sheet when I wanted a duvet, or only partially covering up...). Anyway, it could be that. I don't know your circumstances, but I also had them as a teenager which was probably hormones rather than medication.
    Ive had this before and it was so weird. Emotional problems made me sweat uncontrollably during the night. Im curious, what did you find out? Was it wetting or sweat?

It was sweat but stopped sorry everyone forgot to give a final answer!