Thread: Hi!

Default Hi!

Hi!

I'm a girl from England who has a boyfriend who has recently come out to me as an AB/DL. As I want to support him, I decided that the best thing to do would be to find out more about it as well as find ways to make the relationship a better one. I only found out after our <ahem> love life was starting to become difficult in trying to get him interested, etc. He then opened up to me, and I was surprised, despite the hints in him introducing me to a friend of his who is openly AB/DL, and I caught him on this site and wondered what it was all about, even though at the time he was defensive when I asked him what this is all about. I'm glad he has been honest with me, but I am still slightly worried about the whole thing, so after some persuasion from him, I have signed up in order to hopefully get some advice and guidance from the community.

Yours,

MarmiteGirl1993

pixuul

hi i am a DL and its not bad to be one just means we like them
    just try to be supportive and be open to new things

Supersam1223

Default Hi!

I take it you like Marmite? What is your favourite way to eat it? I like it in a sandwich with cheese.

Anyhow, welcome to the site! ^_^

I will try my best, it's just not something you find out about the guy you want to marry normally! My views of him haven't changed love wise, I'm just trying to adjust to this new side of him without causing too much agro. Thanks for replying, means a lot

- - - Updated - - -

It's because people either love me or hate me :P And that sounds really nice, ought to try that one

Quote Originally Posted by MarmiteGirl1993 View Post
    Hi!

I'm a girl from England who has a boyfriend who has recently come out to me as an AB/DL. As I want to support him, I decided that the best thing to do would be to find out more about it as well as find ways to make the relationship a better one. I only found out after our <ahem> love life was starting to become difficult in trying to get him interested, etc. He then opened up to me, and I was surprised, despite the hints in him introducing me to a friend of his who is openly AB/DL, and I caught him on this site and wondered what it was all about, even though at the time he was defensive when I asked him what this is all about. I'm glad he has been honest with me, but I am still slightly worried about the whole thing, so after some persuasion from him, I have signed up in order to hopefully get some advice and guidance from the community.

Yours,

MarmiteGirl1993
    Hi Marmitegirl1993, Welcome to ADISC.

I think it is great that you are trying your hardest to be supportive. I am really glad he decided to be honest with you. I am in a very similar situation as him at this very moment. I want so badly to share this... little hobby.. with my fiance, and have just had trouble getting it out. But I do plan to be honest with her about it. I could list all kinds of things to try to help you understand why he is the way he is and where this interest comes from, but it is so different for each person, that I couldn't even guess his reasons. However, there is a great article on this site that might be able to help answer some of your questions and address some of your concerns. FAQ for people who aren't Interested in Diapers.... I would definitely suggest giving it a read and seeing if it helps you to understand him a little better. Just remember that most of what is in the article may or may-not apply to him, but it gives you a good starting point to discussing it and asking him about it.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you keep the strong relationship it already sounds like you have.

Welcome to our community.