Thread: How do I tell my parents I want to use a pacifier?

Default How do I tell my parents I want to use a pacifier?

How do you tell parents who want to use pacifiers in the House freely during the day and sleep at night and even baby bottles?

At 22 you shouldn't need to tell them because you're an adult and can just do it and there really isn't anything they can do to stop you. However there is a damn good chance that they won't like the idea of you doing this and will be uncomfortable with seeing you using a pacifier/bottle in front of them so it would be a great idea to respect their feelings (what with it being their house and all) and not use them in front of your parents if they dislike the idea. But when it comes to using at night or in privacy just go for it, there is no need to get permission.

If it helps, my doctor actually suggested a NUK 5 to combat my night time teeth grinding as I can't seem to keep a night guard in without choking.

Quote Originally Posted by Layne0033 View Post
    If it helps, my doctor actually suggested a NUK 5 to combat my night time teeth grinding as I can't seem to keep a night guard in without choking.
    Really? Perfect excuse! I grind my teeth a lot too, might be worth thinking about......

On topic, what pajamakitten said

Quote Originally Posted by Layne0033 View Post
    Sorry to take this on a side trail a bit...

I also grind my teeth to the point where I've basically shattered one of my back teeth at one point...

I do the nuk 5 thing at night because it seems to help and... well, AB.

Anyway, do you notice you still bite your tongue? My teeth don't seem to touch that I'm aware of when I use the nuk, but I still bite the hell out of my tongue at night. It looks like my tongue is two pieces lol. Top and bottom and welded together along the sides (i.e. where I've bitten enough to create scar tissue). It's ridiculous.

I grind my teeth while I'm awake but use it in the privacy of your own room I would not even ask them