Thread: telling a friend

noctis

Default telling a friend

so I have this friend who is a girl. She has a boyfriend, and we are just friends. She has told me she wants to know more about me and so far I have just thought of ways to change the subject. She has told me that she is kinky, and she wants to know what I am like when it comes to sexuality. I'm not sure if I should disclose anything to her, because I would feel i am coming in between her boyfriend and her. we are great friends and i think this would be good to talk to her about. any advice?

Could be a good discussion for mutual friends. Could also get really awkward. Sounds like she might be interested in you -- at least in your sexuality. I would make sure she knows ahead of time that you don't want to get in between her and her boyfriend (if you don't) and then tread carefully.

I've always wanted someone to talk with and imagine that someone else might also enjoy the benefits of a confidant. Best of luck with whatever route you choose.

She might find herself not interested in her b/f anymore. Perhaps he is extremely vanilla, and isnt into her kinks. Depending on how long you have known her, I would suggest asking her what kind of kinks she has. Ask her why she is enquring about yours. She might say that she and her guy are having a rough patch. MAYBE, the two of them are interested in a 3-some. Perhaps she wants to see if your into that kind of thing.

Depends on the situation and context clues. If you two are truly only close friends then it can be gradifying to talk to someone you're close two. Several of my close female friends know and all have taken it very well and it's nice to be able to talk about it with people from a different (or normal you could say) perspective. On the other hand if you're slightly sexually into her it would probably come Bren her and bf and I wouldn't tell her unless she's single at the time. If you do decide to tell her don't overwhelm or flood her with it. It can be tempting to only want to talk about it with that Person all the time if you can finally talk about it to someone but remember that they have other interests and no one wants to only hear about one subject all the time. Like the guy always talking about football

First read the post I just finished typing-up, then you'll [I]want[I] to tell her!

noctis

We have a talked about understanding that we are only friends. She has a great relationship with her boyfriend and I'm happy for them .

Quote Originally Posted by DONeill73 View Post
    She might find herself not interested in her b/f anymore. Perhaps he is extremely vanilla, and isnt into her kinks. Depending on how long you have known her, I would suggest asking her what kind of kinks she has. Ask her why she is enquring about yours. She might say that she and her guy are having a rough patch. MAYBE, the two of them are interested in a 3-some. Perhaps she wants to see if your into that kind of thing.
    I think this is great advice for bringing up the subject, and I have no clue why i didn't think of it. I will probably wait until we are talking about such things again to bring it up. As far as her starting to like me because of it i will be really careful, but I don't think that will happen because, funny story: me and her and other friends were talking about periods and my guy friend (idiot) asked her if she wore the big huge pads with wings. she laughed, "no because they feel like a diaper!" so at least I know that this is not one of her kinks, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonwears View Post
    First read the post I just finished typing-up, then you'll [I]want[I] to tell her!
    great post! and thank you to everyone who responded.