Thread: Hi Everybody

Default Hi Everybody

Greetings all.

I come to this site via a web search, I'm interested in Diapers (aren't we all), specifically more into the DL side.

I like computers (Mac....pretty obvious by my name), working on my cars, and spending time with my dog (black lab).

I'm posting this because my account had lapsed into lurker status, which kinda describes me on web forums. I like to search around and read other posts, but rarely comment or start new ones (I'm just shy like that I guess).

Thanks

Hi! I've also been a lurker on my other account. I forgot it so I made a new one lol. Glad you joined us! I need to make my obligatory introduction or else! lol

Quote Originally Posted by appleIIgs View Post
    Greetings all.

I come to this site via a web search, I'm interested in Diapers (aren't we all), specifically more into the DL side.

I like computers (Mac....pretty obvious by my name), working on my cars, and spending time with my dog (black lab).

I'm posting this because my account had lapsed into lurker status, which kinda describes me on web forums. I like to search around and read other posts, but rarely comment or start new ones (I'm just shy like that I guess).

Thanks
    Welcome to the site and wow, it's been a long time since I've thought about an AppleIIgs. The IIgs was an in between the color Mac and the Apple IIe. I had an Apple IIe back when they first came out. It seemed awesome at the time, being able to word process and make mailing labels. I set up the data base and had a ball with it. My favorite game was Wizardry and I played it to the end. Good times.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Welcome. Mac is the only way to go, they just work better and are awesome. Although I have to say I've been a little disappointed with some of my post Jobs products. He was the man.

Well, as I type this on my iPod Touch... I have to say I'm not really a big fan of Mac computers. Too simplistic and not enough compatible programs for me. The software is a let down. Although I do have to agree that the MacBook pro I the best looking laptop and one of the best hardware wise.

What sort of car do you have, want or work on?

Greetings all.

Thanks
    Hi welcome to ADISC.

Well I kinda live in cave right now so don't ask me about mac/apple stuff/or in fact technology. So what cars you working on right now. I love cars but didn't really like working on it but when I'm in college I think I'm going to start my own car project. Anyway enjoy ADISC and don't be shy to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    Well, as I type this on my iPod Touch... I have to say I'm not really a big fan of Mac computers. Too simplistic and not enough compatible programs for me. The software is a let down. Although I do have to agree that the MacBook pro I the best looking laptop and one of the best hardware wise.
    Sorry for the Hijack

Too simplistic: What does that mean?
    not enough compatible programs for me: There are millions, I dont Have that prob. (You know if worst comes to worst you can run windows programs if there is not a native mac app which I find rare, i.e parallels, bootcamp, but I have all native mac apps)
    The software is a let down: Mac OSX is way better than windows, dev is easy, and its unix backend is strong and stable.

Sorry Kiwidl, I know we are friends, hope you don't take offense, Just wanted to counter my opinion for fun as this is the greatest debated topics among techies in history IMO. And yes I have PC's too (I just don't use them ).

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    Hello Welcome. Mac is the only way to go, they just work better and are awesome. Although I have to say I've been a little disappointed with some of my post Jobs products. He was the man.
    Jobs is awesome...but I wouldn't be too tough on the post Jobs Apple yet. I'm really excited about the ipad mini (if its released), and I think if they ever come out with the Apple TV set that has long been rumored, I think it will quickly integrate everything in a house as far as multimedia/entertainment. The only area they don't have anything is a gaming system like an xbox or something.

I do think they need to watch what android is doing though or they will lose the phone market. The iOS has been slowly updating, while android has features added alot faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post

What sort of car do you have, want or work on?
    I'm a ford guy...have 2 Mustangs. A newer Roush, it puts out about 430 Rear wheel horsepower...and a 1995, which is at about 475HP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    Sorry for the Hijack

Too simplistic: What does that mean?
    not enough compatible programs for me: There are millions, I dont Have that prob. (You know if worst comes to worst you can run windows programs if there is not a native mac app which I find rare, i.e parallels, bootcamp, but I have all native mac apps)
    The software is a let down: Mac OSX is way better than windows, dev is easy, and its unix backend is strong and stable.

Sorry Kiwidl, I know we are friends, hope you don't take offense, Just wanted to counter my opinion for fun as this is the greatest debated topics among techies in history IMO. And yes I have PC's too (I just don't use them ).
    Its just like the Android vs Jailbroken iOS vs iOS. There are some people that don't like Apple having their software so "locked down" and controlled, and thats cool. I happen to like the Apple approach of integrated hardware and software, and everything working together right out of the box. I also have PCs and I don't really bad mouth them too much, I just prefer the Apples.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a ford guy...have 2 Mustangs. A newer Roush, it puts out about 430 Rear wheel horsepower...and a 1995, which is at about 475HP.
    Wow awesome a Roush Mustang some say they're faster then Shelby GT500 but I like the window louvre on Roush looks like original mustang. Wow 475HP? Do you modified it?.

Well I basicly love every cars from every corner of the globe and top of my list is VW Karmann Ghia, Ferrari 250 GTO, Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R(KPGC10), Ford Torino 429 Cobra Jet, Dodge Charger 500. I know all of them are Classic Cars I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Wow awesome a Roush Mustang
    I agree those are sweet. I like fords to. I have a Mustang GT conv. My daily driver is a BMW M5 though I prefer the big sedan as a daily driver, I used to have a blown cobra. I've also had a lot of camaro's in the past, but I don't like the new ones. Do you mod your cars appleIIgs?