View Poll Results: Tight race, or a landslide?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tight

23 76.67%
  • Landslide

7 23.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tight or Wide Open?

Question Tight or Wide Open?

So, looking at the polls, you can get a very different picture on the upcoming US election. Some put Obama 10 points up, others put the split at only 2-3 points. Do you think, in the end, this will be a tight race, or there will be a landslide?

I think its going to be quite close, along the lines of the 2000 elections, maybe. At this point I am so completely fed up with the whole farce that I really don't think it truly matters WHO wins, because there is always congress to keep screwing us while we are down. O well, at least it's almost over.

I didn't vote in this poll... Personally I have no clue... I missed all of the debates and stuff, but i'm not old enough to vote anyway. I try not to get involved with poloticts. My grandma will kill me no matter what side I support.

Would be interesting to see Obama Destroy the country, not as good for MC.

Is there such a thing as a landslide in American politics? Honestly, I'm guessing this election will be tight like pretty much every other one. I've watched some of the debates and of course read about it constantly in the news and from what I gather, it shouldn't be a close election (Obama took the debates easily I thought), and yet it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanBEN View Post
    Is there such a thing as a landslide in American politics? Honestly, I'm guessing this election will be tight like pretty much every other one. I've watched some of the debates and of course read about it constantly in the news and from what I gather, it shouldn't be a close election (Obama took the debates easily I thought), and yet it will be.
    1984: Reagan vs. Mondale

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    Thanks for the correction. In any case the majority of American elections seem to be close, especially in recent times.

If either one gets the ignorants and illiterates to vote for him, he wins... as easy as that, and it has always been like that.

the thing about the polls is that they're conducted by phone, and pollsters can't call cell phones -- only land lines. so in recent years, polls have been drawing from an increasingly unrepresentative sample. people who have a cell phone but no landline aren't represented in the polls, and those people tend to be young. and young people tend to vote democratic.

nevertheless, mccain's still got plenty of tricks up his sleeve. oil prices are falling as we draw closer to election day, and nobody should be under any doubts as to why. the latest thing i've heard is that there's a growing grassroutes movement to stall the election on account of questions surrounding obama's citizenship. some people apparently think his birth certificate is fraudulent and that he was actually born in kenya. then there's the bradley effect. and there's always an element of fraud in US presidential elections. all things considered, i think it's likely to be an extremely close race. as spacemanBEN pointed out, all recent US presidential elections have been tight, and there's no reason to expect this one will be any different.

Well it will be a tight race. Obama will most likely win the popular vote. but who knows about the electoral collage. take the 2000 election Gore won the popular vote but here we are with Bush.