Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Britain is a nation of 62 million complete and utter b*****d?

Question Britain is a nation of 62 million complete and utter b*****d?

Okay don't angry with me I don't say that. Jeremy Clarkson did. Okay I just read Top Gear September 2012 and in Ignition section Jeremy make this statement "Why is it that brits delight in the misfortune of others? Why do they vilify the successful? Most of all, why do they mock those with supercars?

It turned Jeremy start an "experiment" with Twitter by told them that his dog is die(which is true). And he disgusted at comments people make in Twitter a man commented by say "How does she smelled?" others said "Kinda funny" someone asked if it was James May fault and even someone said "Good".

He then went mad and said that "Britain is a nation of 62 million complete and utter b*****d. We are the country that invented the concentration camp, International slavery, Hanging, Drawing, Quartering? That was us too" and even "Bullying was invented in here too"

He then start to tell that he drive Ferrari 458 Spider and found that he couldn't have been more despised if he run around shopping center in full SS uniform and Ku Klux Klan hat trying to steal children. And that if he pull over in gas station everywhere in the world everyone will bound over with enthusiasm, But in Britain everyone will say the same things "Bet you don't get many mpg with that"

OK it might be funny but I think his word about Brit is quite strong. I never lived in UK so I don't know about the truth. But I think Mr.Clarkson should see himself. Isn't he the one that start Prostitute Joke? how about German Joke? Or Gay Joke? and Muslim Joke?.

What do you think guys?

Supersam1223

Default Britain is a nation of 62 million complete and utter b*****d?

I think that anything that he says is to be taken lightly, he is an idiot, TBH. It's not the first time he's said something stupid in the public domain, and it won't be the last. I tend to ignore him.

Most of the things he says as jokes can be often considered too far. None of what he says bothers me at all, I'm not someone who really gets offended easily. He says a lot of stuff on his show and in interviews that could be considered far too rude to say, its not the first time and won't be the last. I wouldn't take someone making a comment about the whole of a country as a serious one, as it would be stupid to make such a comment and mean it seriously, and since TopGear is a UK based show, it just makes it seem like he's looking for a reaction.

Clarkson is a legend and while 62 million bastards is a bit much we do have a lot. The whole stiff upper lip thing is true, we're not an emotional nation until we get knocked out of a football tournament or something dies and we're very cynical as a nation, we thought the opening ceremony was going to be horrible and we were horrified to be filled with national pride which lasted for two whole weeks (which was far too long). Twitter trolls are one thing but people can easily be dicks over the internet when they have anonymity to protect them and he was right to be annoyed but saying we're all bastards is just abit of hyperbole taken too seriously by some.

My opinion? Using twitter to conduct an experiment of how sympathetic people are is barely a step above doing the same on youtube. Realize it is based on more then that but still,

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Clarkson is a legend and while 62 million bastards is a bit much we do have a lot. The whole stiff upper lip thing is true, we're not an emotional nation until we get knocked out of a football tournament or something dies and we're very cynical as a nation, we thought the opening ceremony was going to be horrible and we were horrified to be filled with national pride which lasted for two whole weeks (which was far too long). Twitter trolls are one thing but people can easily be dicks over the internet when they have anonymity to protect them and he was right to be annoyed but saying we're all bastards is just abit of hyperbole taken too seriously by some.
    All of that and thousands of people go outside in the rain to see the queen who ride a boat in a flotilla?

so.... it's bastards and idiots then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    All of that and thousands of people go outside in the rain to see the queen who ride a boat in a flotilla?

so.... it's bastards and idiots then.
    Could be worse, could be thousands of people watching the Queen ride a boat in a flotilla on TV (especially when they have zero connection to the Queen =p)

What do I think about this?

Honestly, I am wondering why you are taking something Jeremy CLARKSON said seriously.

Granted I love watching him on Top Gear, but hes not the type of person you take seriously. He makes a living off driving cars and mixing humor in with it, being politically incorrect.

Wow it turned on people reaction is not what I expect. I actually used this as experiment and it seems people are get used to Clarkson jokes. Well I never take his word seriously in fact I laughed everytime I hear his joke.

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Wow it turned on people reaction is not what I expect. I actually used this as experiment and it seems people are get used to Clarkson jokes. Well I never take his word seriously in fact I laughed everytime I hear his joke.
    I think Clarkson is hilarious, That being said, there are lines and if he is not careful, one of these days it won't be him doing the punching.