Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA Turkey Day party...

Default MA Turkey Day party...

Just figured I'd post up about this and see if anyone here has interest in attending (pun intended ).

For the third year in a row, I'll be hosting an ABDL Turkey Day pot-luck dinner party. It's here at my boyfriend and I's home in Haverhill, MA, and is on the 29th of next month (a Saturday), starting at 4PM.

This party is open to anyone looking for a safe, sane, fun time with like-minded people, provided that you are 18+.

The last couple years have been a blast! The first go-round we had 20 or so people come, and last year we had 34. Tons of food (I cooked two turkeys last year, and that wasn't enough... going for three this year ), and tons of great people. The premise of the party is simple... Come hang out with friends, show off your culinary skills, and stuff yourself silly!

This is one of the biggest parties of the year (second only to the annual New Years shindig), and is a great way to meet new friends that are also into the diaper thing.

Those of you that I've met already, but haven't gotten an evite invite yet (and would like to come), just shoot me off a PM with your email addy and I'll add you to the list. For anyone else that I haven't met in person, and would like to come, send me off a PM so we can arrange to meet up somewhere in public to get acquainted prior to the party.

We already have about 12 people confirmed to attend, and Chris and I are both very excited! We look forward to seeing y'all!

Sounds interesting. Good for you for opening up your home to such social events, especially around holidays. If I knew you, lived closer, and wasn't crowdshy, i'd give serious consideration to attending.

damnit. i would really love to come, i will be in the area too. i dont think the whole "mom i'm heading to a buddy's house for an AB/DL party" excuse will work for this one though

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution36 View Post
    damnit. i would really love to come, i will be in the area too. i dont think the whole "mom i'm heading to a buddy's house for an AB/DL party" excuse will work for this one though
    Don't say anything obv

I'd be interested in going if it wasn't for the fact I already get social anxiety at regular parties let alone parties full of people I don't know. Sounds like a cool idea though

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution36 View Post
    Well, you wouldn't be the first in that situation.

As an example, Tsendo came with us to a party out in Springfield this past summer, and lives with his 'rents. I'm not sure what he told them, but I don't think he had any issues (at least not that he ever mentioned). We even picked him up from his house and gave him a ride out/back.

You could always say "I'm going to a turkey day party with a bunch of friends", and it really wouldn't be that off base, as this party is one of the less "diaper centric" annual shindigs (people are generally more occupied with cooking, munching, and conversing, and the diaper thing is more back-burner).

We'd love to have you if you can finagle a way.

Quote Originally Posted by T00L View Post
    I'd be interested in going if it wasn't for the fact I already get social anxiety at regular parties let alone parties full of people I don't know. Sounds like a cool idea though
    Don't let shyness or anxiety stop you. Each party seems to bring with it a few new people, and everyone is shy at first. We're a pretty friendly group, and I can speak for myself in saying that I do my best to make anybody that is new as comfortable and included as possible.

The dinner shindigs are good because there is always stuff to do. If I notice someone keeping to themselves, I'll usually give 'em something to do, like, "Hey _____, why don't you grab the _____ out of the oven, toss it on a plate, and pass it around".

I will be honest though, and say that this party is probably going to be a packed house. It won't be for the extremely claustrophobic.

I would come if I actually lived in the area it sounds fun and I am pissed I live on the other side of the states.. We need more safe/sane California DL's/AB's, the ones here already are spread really far out.

Having attended one of NEJay's parties in the past, I should prolly post on this.

I had a great time at the AB/DL party I attended (organized by NEJay). Everyone was nice and friendly and there was lots to do and talk about. I have social troubles myself and no one criticized me when I was shy at first and played with the dog. Eventually I warmed up to the atmosphere and met some really cool people ^_^. I'd strongly recommend attending to those who have their doubts.

My excuse was that I told my parents I was heading to a rave =p
    I hoped it would account for any reluctance on my part to discuss the event in detail if my brothers or parents decided to question me (they didn't).

Well, thank you for saying that Tsendo, it makes me feel less nervous about those sorts of parties. Unfortunately, the thing about a turkey day party is...around those days of the year, im usually with my family!

Just a quick update...

We've got about 24 people slated to join us at this point, and a long list of yummy stuff people are bringing.

Time is running short with only about two weeks to go, so if anyone here is genuinely interested in coming to hang out, please shoot me a message sooner rather than later.

Also Tsendo, if you want to come up we can probably arrange for someone to pick you up/drop you off if needed (this goes for anyone else as well... People are coming from as far as Springfield, MA, parts of CT, and southern ME). I don't have your email addy any more, so send me a message if you're interested.

Maby next year. (I hate spending time with my family like this.) If somoen in my town is not hosting a party.