Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings!

Default Greetings!

First I want to say how grateful I am for this site. I've been lurking for the last 6 months, ever since I was able to acknowledge my need for diapers. From simply not feeling alone in this to figuring out how to buy my first pack of diapers, this site has made my life immensely better.

A little about me and diapers:

While I have always had an interest in diapers since I was a child, I was never able to acknowledge it until this year. I had a traumatic therapy experience when I was 12 years old that caused me to repress most of my DL feelings and be in complete denial of those feelings which I didn't manage to repress. It wasn't until 16 years later that I was able to acknowledge who I really am. To complicate matters, I am married. My husband does not know about the diapers and I constantly have to hide from him because I know he would not be accepting. His last girlfriend before me came out to him as AB and he broke up with her immediately. While he thought most of what she was into was cute, he had a problem with one thing- diapers. To this day he likes to insult her and make fun of her because of the diapers and I have to endure this without giving myself away. This has taken a tremendous toll on my relationship and I am fairly certain this marriage will not survive. I am currently in therapy with a totally amazing sex therapist who I finally came out to last week. He has been a relationship counselor for the two of us in the past and I hope that he can help, even if the help is with ending our relationship.

A little about me outside of diapers:

I am a passionate cyclist. I don't race my bike because I don't have health insurance and injuries are extremely common in races, but I would love to. I ride with many friends who race and enjoy the sport immensely. Where I live we have flat farmlands that are beautiful and less than an hour drive away we have beautiful hills to climb. I love being out doors, exercising, and the group dynamics of riding bikes.

I also play the cello, which I took up at the age of 26. I had been out of college a couple years and my brain was feeling sluggish, so I decided I wanted to play a (hard) instrument. It, like cycling, has been one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have ever done. I am currently working on the Prelude of Bach's first unaccompanied cello suite.

Quote Originally Posted by CycleChick View Post
    First I want to say how grateful I am for this site. I've been lurking for the last 6 months, ever since I was able to acknowledge my need for diapers. From simply not feeling alone in this to figuring out how to buy my first pack of diapers, this site has made my life immensely better.

While I have always had an interest in diapers since I was a child, I was never able to acknowledge it until this year. I had a traumatic therapy experience when I was 12 years old that caused me to repress most of my DL feelings and be in complete denial of those feelings which I didn't manage to repress. It wasn't until 16 years later that I was able to acknowledge who I really am. To complicate matters, I am married. My husband does not know about the diapers and I constantly have to hide from him because I know he would not be accepting. His last girlfriend before me came out to him as AB and he broke up with her immediately. While he thought most of what she was into was cute, he had a problem with one thing- diapers. To this day he likes to insult her and make fun of her because of the diapers and I have to endure this without giving myself away. This has taken a tremendous toll on my relationship and I am fairly certain this marriage will not survive. I am currently in therapy with a totally amazing sex therapist who I finally came out to last week. He has been a relationship counselor for the two of us in the past and I hope that he can help, even if the help is with ending our relationship.

I am a passionate cyclist. I don't race my bike because I don't have health insurance and injuries are extremely common in races, but I would love to. I ride with many friends who race and enjoy the sport immensely. Where I live we have flat farmlands that are beautiful and less than an hour drive away we have beautiful hills to climb. I love being out doors, exercising, and the group dynamics of riding bikes.

I also play the cello, which I took up at the age of 26. I had been out of college a couple years and my brain was feeling sluggish, so I decided I wanted to play a (hard) instrument. It, like cycling, has been one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have ever done. I am currently working on the Prelude of Bach's first unaccompanied cello suite.
    Hallo en welkom aan ADISC. Neat about the cello, just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about the Baroque Lute? That instrument is quite the beauty... and the beast.

Spaniel

Hello! Welcome to ADISC. I am really sorry to hear that your husband has a negative reaction to ABDLs. I hope you two can get past that. I bet if you posted a thread about it, you could get advice from us, were always happy to help! Anyway, I have never played the cello, is it really that tough?

Quote Originally Posted by skunk053 View Post
    Neat about the cello, just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about the Baroque Lute? That instrument is quite the beauty... and the beast.
    I haven't, although I love baroque music and instruments. Do you play?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniel View Post
    Hello! Welcome to ADISC. I am really sorry to hear that your husband has a negative reaction to ABDLs. I hope you two can get past that. I bet if you posted a thread about it, you could get advice from us, were always happy to help! Anyway, I have never played the cello, is it really that tough?
    Ha! Any instrument is tough as an adult when you didn't grow up playing music!

As for posting a thread about dealing with my husband, I am going to hold off on that. I (finally) told my therapist in my last session, which you can read about if you like over on this thread. I have a real life ally who can help facilitate this discussion when I am ready for it, although I will likely put up posts about how it goes and the process of preparing for it and leading up to it. Right now, though I am focused on being able to openly discuss this with my therapist. The only discomfort is mine. He's totally cool with it. But as for now all I've managed to do is give him a piece of paper with "I <3 diapers" written 330 times in rainbow colors on it. I couldn't even say it out loud! I have a lot more work to do before I can contemplate actually having this kind of discussion with my hubby.
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-Aug-2012 at 23:16. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Oh awesome!! Cello is amazing. I'm jealous. I played a little in high school but it always sounded awful

Hey CycleChick!

I'm very sorry to hear that your husband has been so unaccepting in the past of a girlfriend who was AB (I'm also surprised he was dating one, and now you). However, I'm glad that you have found this place as well, and I hope you find it as helpful as a lot of us have in the past and remain to find a source of support within our community.

It sounds like you have had a really rough ride and pulled through, it shows a lot of courage that I hope you can offer to some of our younger members! It's great to have someone who has made their life work with everything you have gone through.

Sounds like you have found a lot to enjoy as well with cello and cycling!

I'm not much of a sports fan, but I am a 2nd dan black belt in (ITF) Tae Kwon-Do.

You like playing music, what are some of your favourite songs to listen to?

Lastly, welcome to ADISC!

- Lobie

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that your husband has been so unaccepting in the past of a girlfriend who was AB (I'm also surprised he was dating one, and now you).
    Yes... it is very ironic that he has accidentally ended up with two diaper girls. Definitely not an accident IMO. I think his extreme judgment of AB/DL comes from his own discomfort with himself. Unfortunately he is very happy being judgmental and thinks he doesn't need to change, which is the real issue for me. If he didn't like my kink but wasn't judging me for it, I think our marriage would be fine.

It sounds like you have had a really rough ride and pulled through, it shows a lot of courage that I hope you can offer to some of our younger members! It's great to have someone who has made their life work with everything you have gone through.
    My rough ride is far from over. There are so many aspects of my sexuality that I am uncomfortable with and need to deal with as well- I am a masochistic sub, but had an abusive father so much of what I enjoy can also be triggering. I either end up triggered by the D/s or I am just not into it at all, which is a very frustrating place to be. It's something I have to work on in order to be happy in any relationship ever, even if my marriage fails.

There's also the issue of at some point telling my husband. There is no way I am staying closeted. There's nothing wrong with my being DL and having to hide is terribly detrimental to my sense of self and well being. I don't know what will happen when I do tell, but I am guessing that it will eventually work out somehow but the ride is going to be really rough.

Most of the time I feel like my life doesn't work. I am constantly hiding, I live in fear that he will find out. I can't leave him because my job doesn't pay me enough and despite my having a degree and work experience, it is still incredibly difficult to get a better paying job. I will give advice where I can, but I fear I will need just as much as I dish out.

Sounds like you have found a lot to enjoy as well with cello and cycling!
    Yes, I have made a point to find things in life that I love so that I am happy except for the issues surrounding my sexuality. It has been far more constructive than dwelling on what isn't working in my life!
    Last edited by Trevor; 31-Aug-2012 at 01:16. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

CycleChick,

Welcome to the site. Being married especially as a DL can be difficult, I have been married 11 years and am having similar problems, but just be true to yourself because that way no matter what happens you will be happy and that is most important.

It's so cool that you took up playing the cello. I just started playing piano about 4 or 5 months ago because I was bored with things. It's been tough, but I do it for fun, I don't think I will ever be able to master it although I would love to!

Take care.

Music and cycling. Two of my great loves. Personally, I'm more into the jazz and swing side of things, being a tenor saxophonist, but I can appreciate the Baroque and other styles too.

What sort of cycling do you undertake? I prefer mountain biking, of which I am lucky to live in the South Island of NZ (we have plenty of tracks and races). That's another good thing about NZ; universal healthcare! I have done several races.

And yeah, the cello is definitely one of the most difficult instruments. I know several people who play it and they all say it is quite hard.

dude225

frick ya tenor sax!