Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sodastream

Default Sodastream

Does anybody else have a sodastream? I bought one but found the syrups all taste like they are diet. I like mineral water so now I just carbonate the water and add the water flavors so I'm actually replacing my daily soda with flavored water.

Does anyone else have experience with the sodastream? What do you think of the syrups? Have you found any better tasting syrups to use?

You could try using koolaid haha if your into it. But I would try juices, it would be interesting to have a carbonated apple juice. But yeah I would avoid most of those syrups they might contain anything from aspertame to corn syrup

What is this sodastream you speak of?

Hmm; might be something to look into. One thing I'm a touch confused on, though: where's water sourced from?

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    What is this sodastream you speak of?
    Sodastream | Turn Water Into Fresh Sparkling Water And Soda

It's a stupid idea, it's like having a deep fryer. You have to buy CO2 packs for it which are likely propitiatory systems.
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-Aug-2012 at 19:34. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by Traemo View Post
    Hmm; might be something to look into. One thing I'm a touch confused on, though: where's water sourced from?
    You put the water in the bottle, the system then puts CO2 gas into the water.

Pretty much it's no different then buying club soda... just buy it in bulk and all your own flavor. But if you don't mind flat soda you can just add the flavorings to normal water and be done with it.

Edit: Pamperchu has the right idea.
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-Aug-2012 at 19:34. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Fire2box the co2 tank is $29 unless you are handy with a wrench. You can actually drain any remaining pressure with a pressure release valve on top. Then using a wrench and a lot of force you can remove the valve from the top. Buy about 1lb of dry ice and crush it verry small. Use a funnel to load the dry ice into the tank. Replace the valve extreemly tight and as the dry ice metls it turns into co2. Dry ice on my area is about. 70 cents a pound.

- - - Updated - - -

They contain sugar, water, natural flavor, citric acid, sodium citrate, sucralose, acesulflame potassium and sodium benzoate.

They brag that these syrups only contain 35 calories per serving but they do it with chemical sweeteners. If their regular syrups taste this bad I would hate to try the diet syrups.

Also noticed that the syrups are made in Israel.

PullupKid

Default Sodastream

I don't. I hear Kidd Kraddick talk about them on the radio all the time though.

I think it's just like a deep fryer that encourages you to fry more, whereas the soda stream encourages you to drink more soda, which is bad.

I've heard good things about it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    You always amaze me!

- - - Updated - - -