Thread: Well, hello there.

Default Well, hello there.

Greetings, ADISCians! I've stumbled across this site many a time in my internet travels throughout the years and for some reason, I haven't made an account until now. Better late than never I suppose. Anyway, about myself. My name is Riley, I'm almost 20, and my life pretty much revolves around music, love, and art. I live out of my car and travel all over the US. I make my money going to music festivals or touring with bands depending on the season and tour schedules. To keep gas in my car and food in my belly, I sell crystals of all types (and I can tell you the name and properties of each ^_^) to my fellow peace and music lovers. My main goal in life is to, for lack of a better phrase, spread the love; and no better way to do it than interacting with people all over from all walks of life. I'm an extremely positive person and am doing exactly what I dreamed I would be doing. I love to travel and am sort of a nomad, never staying in one place for too long. Outside of jam bands, crystals, and spreading peace, I also enjoy rock climbing and whitewater kayaking. Before I left on my journeys, I was a junior raft guide down the Youghiogeny river, Cheat river, New river, and Potomac river. I also spend my down time researching the meanings of life and the universe and also researching all that is psychedelia. I could ramble on for days but I'm going to cut this introduction off now as to not bore all of you. I'm really nice so if anyone wants to know more, just ask!

-Namaste

Hello and Welcome. I too just recently joined although I have stumbled across here in the past. Just too shy to post before I guess. I'm in Austin so we have a good music scene here. If you haven't ever been here you should come out to austin for the SXSW festival. You've probably played @ SXSW before considering you are a traveling musician, but if not you should. Heck you dont even need to wain until March, Austin in a great place to beat the winter if you are up north at all.

Nice to meet you

I love Austin! I was surprised it had such a lively art scene given the conservative nature of the state as a whole. I have heard of SXSW and I respect it for what it is, but the acts there are not really my cup of tea. Usually the ones I go to are less publicized and have more jam, bluegrass, and all things psychedelic. Rootwire , Northwest String Summit , and Shambhala are my all time favorites. I think I may have been a bit vague but I am not a traveling musician, more of a music loving gypsy who sells his wares of crystals and such to make enough money to get to the next venue, feed himself and his small family he travels with. Though I do sing and play a hand drum quite often, it is only for fun and not usually for a crowd.

Glad to know you, friend!

What are these crystals that you sell? Are they novelty? Are the like crystal glasses and bowls? Or are they just natural crystals? Or are they special crystals or healing crystals? I am quite intrigued.

Welcome to the site! Also curious about the crystals =p. Other then that, since you like to travel, is there anywhere you haven't been yet that you want to go to at some point? Lastly (I swear!), if you are interested in the meaning of life and the universe etc., you should (if you haven't already) check out some philosophy stuff, there is even a forum you can go to and kind of read about stuff, though it can be confusing sometimes xD. But yeah, philosophy (in my opinion) might be good for meaning of life type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    What are these crystals that you sell? Are they novelty? Are the like crystal glasses and bowls? Or are they just natural crystals? Or are they special crystals or healing crystals? I am quite intrigued.
    They are all types of natural crystals and gems. They're used for a variety of things but regardless of their use (i.e. jewelry, decoration, healing), they are chosen for their metaphysical properties. Each type has its own story, energy, and use. For instance, my favorite piece I have right now is a sizable chunk of a rock called Moldavite. Moldavite is a rare rock that is part meteorite and part sand. It was created from an asteroid and was also believed to be part of the holy grail. When the asteroid hit, it caused massive amounts of heat around it turning the sand into "glass" (Moldavite). There is a limited amount of this stone and it will eventually disappear. As for its properties, it's very choosey about its owner and will often become lost after only a short time after it is received. The law of resonance says like attracts like so, to keep a piece of moldavite, it means that you may be of extra terrestrial descent just as the moldavite is. It also activates all the chakras but is most proficient at the heart, crown, and third eye chakras. Here's a picture of what moldavite looks like: Moldavite

Now, not all the stones have such fantastical back stories but they all have their own unique energies and qualities.

I can talk to you for hours about stones haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    Welcome to the site! Also curious about the crystals =p. Other then that, since you like to travel, is there anywhere you haven't been yet that you want to go to at some point? Lastly (I swear!), if you are interested in the meaning of life and the universe etc., you should (if you haven't already) check out some philosophy stuff, there is even a forum you can go to and kind of read about stuff, though it can be confusing sometimes xD. But yeah, philosophy (in my opinion) might be good for meaning of life type stuff.
    Yes! I really want to do what I'm doing now, but in Europe. I have heard that they are far more friendly to travelers over there. Plus, it's an entirely new frontier to explore.

As for pondering the meaning of life and the universe, I love philosophy and regularly read about and discuss all that is physical, metaphysical, and all that is in between. Once you all get into talking to me, you will find how in my head and out there I really am haha.

Like this, did you know that DNA, mitosis, and much of what we know to be modern medicine was discovered far before westerners by several different and completely separated cultures in South America, Africa, and Australia? And the only thing all these cultures have in common are their shaman or whatever their religious leader was referred to all use some sort of substance containing Dimethyltryptamine to induce a trance to communicate with their dieties, gods, spirits, or what have you? I know, it sounds far fetched but there is actual science behind it. That's why I have the tattoo that i do (you can see it in the tattoos thread in off topic). Most of my spiritual and philosophical views come from the same place as these cultures. But I wont go on too long of a rant about DMT right now. Maybe I'll start a thread about it haha.

But yeah, I can talk for days and I love hearing what other people are thinking too.

such long-winded responses. Guess I forgot to say I love writing, didn't I...ha.

Quote Originally Posted by GratefullyDead View Post
    Greetings, ADISCians! I've stumbled across this site many a time in my internet travels throughout the years and for some reason, I haven't made an account until now. Better late than never I suppose. Anyway, about myself. My name is Riley, I'm almost 20, and my life pretty much revolves around music, love, and art. I live out of my car and travel all over the US. I make my money going to music festivals or touring with bands depending on the season and tour schedules. To keep gas in my car and food in my belly, I sell crystals of all types (and I can tell you the name and properties of each ^_^) to my fellow peace and music lovers. My main goal in life is to, for lack of a better phrase, spread the love; and no better way to do it than interacting with people all over from all walks of life. I'm an extremely positive person and am doing exactly what I dreamed I would be doing. I love to travel and am sort of a nomad, never staying in one place for too long. Outside of jam bands, crystals, and spreading peace, I also enjoy rock climbing and whitewater kayaking. Before I left on my journeys, I was a junior raft guide down the Youghiogeny river, Cheat river, New river, and Potomac river. I also spend my down time researching the meanings of life and the universe and also researching all that is psychedelia. I could ramble on for days but I'm going to cut this introduction off now as to not bore all of you. I'm really nice so if anyone wants to know more, just ask!

-Namaste
    Hey Riley!

Wow, you sound like you are extremely busy all the time! Of course, a good kind of busy, sounds like you are always out having fun. I don't know much about crystals or any of that stuff other than the geological properties of rocks and formations, or anything "psychadelic". I'm just curious would you consider yourself a "hippy" however you choose to define it? I understand everyone defines it so differently.

I spend a lot of my time thinking about the universe, less-so researching it.

Hope you enjoy your time on ADISC, and I look forward to seeing you contribute to the discussions.

- Lobie

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Hey Riley!

Wow, you sound like you are extremely busy all the time! Of course, a good kind of busy, sounds like you are always out having fun. I don't know much about crystals or any of that stuff other than the geological properties of rocks and formations, or anything "psychadelic". I'm just curious would you consider yourself a "hippy" however you choose to define it? I understand everyone defines it so differently.

I spend a lot of my time thinking about the universe, less-so researching it.

Hope you enjoy your time on ADISC, and I look forward to seeing you contribute to the discussions.

- Lobie
    Well, i'm not one to put labels on anything but if i had to, i guess i would fall into the category of hippy. I just love free expression and everything that is love and music.

As for pondering the meaning of life and the universe, I love philosophy and regularly read about and discuss all that is physical, metaphysical, and all that is in between. Once you all get into talking to me, you will find how in my head and out there I really am haha.

Like this, did you know that DNA, mitosis, and much of what we know to be modern medicine was discovered far before westerners by several different and completely separated cultures in South America, Africa, and Australia? And the only thing all these cultures have in common are their shaman or whatever their religious leader was referred to all use some sort of substance containing Dimethyltryptamine to induce a trance to communicate with their dieties, gods, spirits, or what have you? I know, it sounds far fetched but there is actual science behind it. That's why I have the tattoo that i do (you can see it in the tattoos thread in off topic). Most of my spiritual and philosophical views come from the same place as these cultures. But I wont go on too long of a rant about DMT right now. Maybe I'll start a thread about it haha.

But yeah, I can talk for days and I love hearing what other people are thinking too.

such long-winded responses. Guess I forgot to say I love writing, didn't I...ha.
    Be interesting to hear your rant on DMT (not sure what is off-hand but still xD). Off topicish, but been thinking about creating a philosophy thread at some point, find it to be quite fascinating and love that it tends to be more rational based then well like religions (and the general talk on religion). Don't really know enough to have any good conversations on it though xD.

They are all types of natural crystals and gems. They're used for a variety of things but regardless of their use (i.e. jewelry, decoration, healing), they are chosen for their metaphysical properties. Each type has its own story, energy, and use. For instance, my favorite piece I have right now is a sizable chunk of a rock called Moldavite. Moldavite is a rare rock that is part meteorite and part sand. It was created from an asteroid and was also believed to be part of the holy grail. When the asteroid hit, it caused massive amounts of heat around it turning the sand into "glass" (Moldavite). There is a limited amount of this stone and it will eventually disappear. As for its properties, it's very choosey about its owner and will often become lost after only a short time after it is received. The law of resonance says like attracts like so, to keep a piece of moldavite, it means that you may be of extra terrestrial descent just as the moldavite is. It also activates all the chakras but is most proficient at the heart, crown, and third eye chakras. Here's a picture of what moldavite looks like: Moldavite

Now, not all the stones have such fantastical back stories but they all have their own unique energies and qualities.

I can talk to you for hours about stones haha.
    Those look like some awesome crystals!