Thread: New Here...An Introduction

Default New Here...An Introduction

I have been a diaper lover since I was 3 years-old and I am curious to learn more about this phenomena by communicating with others who share these interests.

I am middle-aged, hold a graduate degree, am an active professional with a family.

I love the outdoors and enjoy backpacking, scuba diving, sailing, flying, eco adventures and ocean conservation. Although I don't work in a technical field, I enjoy staying current with cutting-edge technology and using it in my business.

Diapers and wetting have been a part of my life since early childhood, sometimes hidden, other times less so. Even so I have much to learn and perhaps something to share to help others like me find their way.

Quote Originally Posted by schooner View Post
    I have been a diaper lover since I was 3 years-old and I am curious to learn more about this phenomena by communicating with others who share these interests.

I am middle-aged, hold a graduate degree, am an active professional with a family.

I love the outdoors and enjoy backpacking, scuba diving, sailing, flying, eco adventures and ocean conservation. Although I don't work in a technical field, I enjoy staying current with cutting-edge technology and using it in my business.

Diapers and wetting have been a part of my life since early childhood, sometimes hidden, other times less so. Even so I have much to learn and perhaps something to share to help others like me find their way.
    Hallo en welkom aan ADISC. Do you like music? I usually like anything Baroque.

Welcome to ADISC, you found the perfect spot to learn more and share your expierences! I recently learned something new today of someone refering themselves as a AT (adult toddler) when i would normally just group them as AB's which is just one of the many ways of how broad everyone elses views their fetish.

i hope the website provides everything your looking for and await to see what you can contribute to the community.

I do like music...classical, and yes baroque. I also like jazz and "new age". I also believe in the healing properties of good music, and how it can help people focus (e.g. The Mozart Effect)....use it very effectively in my work.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not heard of the term, "adult toddler". Perhaps that does apply to me as I do enjoy occasionally wetting my pants when I'm not wearing a diaper.

Hi welcome to ADISC.

Well you can learn a lot in here and you can share your experience. So you like flying. are you flying? Well I'm just some aircraft enthusiast. Anyway welcome and enjoy ADISC.

I have logged about 3,000 hours of flight time and flew commercially until the company that I worked for went bankrupt. Most of my "discretionary" income goes back into my company, and whatever is left is spent on diving and marine conservation. Unfortunately not much left for flying, and it's frightfully expensive anyway!

...am an active professional with a family.
    Heya Schrooner, Welcome to ADISC!

Since others have already hit on the fact that this site is a great place to learn and share everything diaper lover, I wanted to ask something else about your lovely intro. And if it is too personal or you don't want to answer, don't feel obligated. I was just curious about what it is like to be a diaper lover and a family man? How open about it are you with your family. Does your spouse know? And how about your kids?

That is just always a question that really interested me. Anyway. Welcome again!

I am happy to answer. I enjoy wearing and wetting diapers, but I have never been interested in going beyond that. I am not physically incontinent, but you could say that I have "elective bladder incontinence" in that I either wet a diaper or my pants. My wife knows that I chose to wear and use diapers, and I think that as long as I lead a balanced and productive life and am faithful to my family, she's going to be accepting of my toileting habits. I'm very private when putting on, changing and disposing of wet diapers, and I deliberately exercise the utmost in discretion around my wife. This isn't her thing, and I respect her acceptance of my needs.

My children are aware of the fact that I wear diapers, but it's never gone beyond that simple realization. I keep it private, don't make a big deal of it, and neither do they. I never told my parents of my desires, which began when I was very young. They were loving and affirming, and I grew up in a wonderful home, and I can't help but wonder how they would have responded if I had been more open. I think they would have accepted my needs, as will I if any of my children show similar tendencies (they haven't).

Being open with myself and my wife has helped me to maintain balance. This has not always been the case over the 50+ years I have been a DL. I am well-aquainted with the binge-purge cycle and the deep frustration that can occur when this "compulsion" is suppressed. Accepting myself and being blessed by the acceptance of others has helped me to stay fulfilled, contented and living a centered life.

Hope this helps.

I'm sure there are many people on this site that that post can help out. I have seen some wonder about whether or not a DL can have a normal life and still hold on to this lifestyle. To be honest, it is something I, myself, have struggled with. Thank you very much for sharing that. You are a great example of how someone can balance life and diapers. I am really glad you have decided to join the site and have already begun to contribute great posts. Keep up the good work and enjoy ADISC!

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post
    I'm sure there are many people on this site that that post can help out. I have seen some wonder about whether or not a DL can have a normal life and still hold on to this lifestyle. To be honest, it is something I, myself, have struggled with. Thank you very much for sharing that. You are a great example of how someone can balance life and diapers. I am really glad you have decided to join the site and have already begun to contribute great posts. Keep up the good work and enjoy ADISC!
    A diaper is simply a garment, and every human eliminates bodily waste. Millions of people wear and use diapers every day, so what we do for enjoyment isn't all that unusual in a qualified sense.

Balance and honesty, I believe, are the key to being a DL and enjoying a normal life. My corporation has 8 core values that we aspire to remain personally faithful to and to imbue in the children with whom we work (patience, kindness, honesty, gratitude, forgiveness, generosity, trustworthiness and dedication). I can assure you, if you make an honest effort to be faithful to values such as these, as well loving and serving our fellow human beings, you will be so loved that no one will think twice about the fact that you wear diapers. You'll be loved and accepted, and consequently can avoid the self-doubt, recriminations and bingeing and purging that has plagued all of us from time to time.

You can be discrete and you can be honest. You can be open about wearing diapers, but discrete about why you wear them. People don't need to know why, and they most certainly don't really want to know why you wear diapers!