Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever noticed?

Default Has anyone ever noticed?

I don't mean this in a threatening way, being most of you that read this will fall under the criteria, thus me posting in the "Mature Topics" forum, but have any of you noticed that most of our members at ADISC have a "different" sexual orientation? You can talk to your friends about the "asexual" orientation, and they don't even know what you're talking about... they don't even know it was possible in humans, because it ISN'T a common thing, yet here at ADISC, there are literally hundreds of them. It's not very common, as much as half of you would not want to admit it probably because you're so used to this community that it seems second nature to you. I don't know if it's that our members actually are what they claim to be, or if they are just confused, but usually when people claim they are 'this or that', they usually have put enough thought into it to be pretty confident.

This arises a question that I've been really thinking about lately.

Does the love for diapers, somehow influence our sexual orientation, or vice versa?

There are so many bi/tri/quadsexuals (exaggerating) at ADISC, I just can't stop but to think about how this influences this sexual fetish. There has to be some sort of linking parallel here.

I also have another personal experience with this situation, being I just found out a couple years my older brother is a Diaper Lover as well, (he doesn't know about me) and he too has just admitted this year that he doesn't know what his sexual orientation is, and he's still trying to figure it out. Put the two together-- He loves diapers (is a DL), and has a "different" sexual orientation...... hmmmmmmm.... thoughts anyone?

Butterfly Mage

I'm homosexual, but of all the environmental/hereditary/nurturing factors that may have resulted in me being gay, diapers have got to be a very small part (if it's even a part at all)

Well, I think it's when we finally accept ourselves for being who we are, being DL, TB/AB, babyfur/furry, ect. We find that we take a deeper look inside our selves and we learn a lot more about our selves because of that. We see our true selves. In the real world, no one does that, they just automatically put themselves into a group without even thinking if they truly belong there. Out there, they just want to part of a mold, being different makes you an outcast. But on here it's like "Well, I'm a babyfur, what else am I?" kind of thing, and on here we are more open to each other about our sexuality, out there we HAVE to belong to a group for our sexuality or else we are considered "weird", or "messed up". On here, everyone gets everyone, and we know we don't HAVE to be in a group cause no one on here is going to call us "weird", or "crazy" or anything....

That's what I think...

Darkfinn

I'm straight... but I do believe that persons of other sexual orientations are more open to fetish play and experimentation, and are thus more likely to be into all sorts of kinky stuff... infantilism included.

Well I am straight, but I would say that given the factor alone that I am DL/AB I can say that that has not affected my sexual orientation. However since joining on-line communities of other AB/TB/DL/Furs I would say that I have become more open and accepting to "different" sexual orientations, seeing as it does tend to be prominent within our community. I think it has to do with the fact that being accepting and open to AB/TB/DL/Furs is kinda along the same line of thinking as being accepting and open to sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by the-ownage View Post
    This arises a question that I've been really thinking about lately.

Does the love for diapers, somehow influence our sexual orientation, or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    ... but I do believe that persons of other sexual orientations are more open to fetish play and experimentation, and are thus more likely to be into all sorts of kinky stuff... infantilism included.
    I agree with DF that people with other sexual orientations are more open to other things, but I seriously doubt that diapers can influence a person's sexual orientation. I have been wearing for years and am still straight as an arrow.

Everyone's different...I don't really strive to figure out links in fetishes and orientations...If people are one way, then that's how they are

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I agree with DF that people with other sexual orientations are more open to other things, but I seriously doubt that diapers can influence a person's sexual orientation. I have been wearing for years and am still straight as an arrow.
    what DF and Ranger said... sort of.

I think it's kind of 6 and 2 3's...

I was into diapers before I had any idea about what my sexual preferences would be and are. I'm not homosexual, bisexual or trisexual, but when it comes to new stuff like a fetish, I usually wouldn't knock it till I rock it. Not that I've tried anything else... but I'd like to think I'm quite open bout most things in life.

But then for all I know, an interest in diapers has more than likely influenced a person's sexual orientation - it's impossible to give a generalised answer considering it's a very personal thing.

Peachy

I think you diapers aren't the reason for a person to deviate from the fully heterosexual norm, and neither is bi-/homosexuality a sole reason to have a fetish.

You usually have to consider the whole person and their environment. People who deviate from the sexual norm and have made the mental effort to accept themselves for being different are more inclined to also accept their interest in diapers. While people who aren't used to doing anything out of the ordinary are more likely to hide away their interest in diapers out of shame. So the people you see posting on sites like these are generally those who are comfortable enough with their interest in diapers.
    So in essence, it's a matter of self-confidence - the confidence to admit to yourself (and eventually others) that you have interests that aren't within what society considers "normal". However, I'm pretty sure those interests are distributed evenly among the whole population, but many people are too scared to try and act on their interests.
    Centuries ago, only heteosexual activities among married people for the sole purpose of reproduction were considered acceptable. Nowadays, it has become the norm (at least for young people) to get laid by as many people of the opposite sex as possible (which is the reason why the term "asexual" exists today - back in the past, people just called it "abstinence" and considered it normal), and even things like anal sex or BDSM stuff has become accepted and normal. The more such things are debated in public, the more people feel comfortable to act on their secret desires and try those things. Maybe, one day, diaper play will come to that point too.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by the-ownage View Post
    There are so many bi/tri/quadsexuals (exaggerating) at ADISC, I just can't stop but to think about how this influences this sexual fetish. There has to be some sort of linking parallel here.

thoughts anyone?

This isn't a sexual fetish for everybody~My thoughts.