Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Megaman and/or Megaman X enthusiasts?

Post Any Megaman and/or Megaman X enthusiasts?

Hi there!

So every year for the passed four or five years I have found a time, usually minimum of a week and maximum of two weeks, where I can take a personal vacation and reset my life. My job isn't at all conventional, so i'm not spending vacation days, and it isn't really a conventional vacation at that.

Instead of leaving town, I spend the time cleaning out and resetting my place, cleaning out my car, organizing just about everything that may need order, and basically just getting everything back in line. I also use this time to do a body cleanse, work out everyday to try to get back in a healthy regiment, meditate, and all of that good stuff.

But the main reason for this post (which i'm sure anyone reading is saying ON WITH IT!), is that during this time i'll also do a bunch of things i've wanted to do but haven't been able to. Such as watch certian movies, play certain video games, and wear diapers 24/7.

This time around I ordered a box of Teddies and bought the Megaman X collection off of Amazon for the PS2. I have always been such a huge fan of the classic series and the X series, but I was never good enough to beat any of them. I even own all of the SNES games and PSX discs of the individual games and played them for countless hours, but i could never beat them. Last time i took this vacation I played through an RPG and beat it, which is usually the plan, but i decided to make a point of beating all 6 of the (personally) very intimidating Megaman X games.

Well, this afternoon I beat Sigma for the 6th time and I can say that I am dazzled by the whole series. I loved it and it felt like I was doing the child version of me a big justice. haha. I plan to order X7 and X8 online tomorrow and continue my binge.

My question for all of you MMX fans is how would you Rank them? Whom did you use, X or Zero? I know X3 and X6 were brutally ripped apart by fans and critics, but i cant say i agree.

Honestly, i couldn't rank them. I thought they were all solid games in their own way. I guess i can say that X3 was made a little too hard, which i'm sure they noticed because they then added things that made parts of it too easy. X3 was a little unbalanced and some of the Armor power-ups were more bad than good. The ride-armor parts were a bit useless as well. But I still loved X3 and all of its optional paths and mavericks. All of these optional endings put X3 on my list of games to play again just to do things a bit different.

I'll also agree that X6 ruined a perfectly written story, starting from X and ending with X5, but I would rather have another challenging MMX game and a ruined story than the end of one of my favorite Franchises. The ending was a little silly.. After defeating two of the hardest, most aggravating battles in the whole series (High Max & Gate), the game ends with an out of context battle with a dopey version of Sigma, whom had never disappointed in the series before.

But still, with that being said, I enjoyed and loved both games.

I'd love to hear from any other MM/MMX lovers on what they think. Cheers!

Well, I never really got bitten by the X bug, but Mega Man and Mega Man 2 (on the NES) are two of my all-time favorite games. I still play both of them regularly on the Wii VC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Well, I never really got bitten by the X bug, but Mega Man and Mega Man 2 (on the NES) are two of my all-time favorite games. I still play both of them regularly on the Wii VC.
    I love those games too!

Never played the games but I recall coming across this blog post on the comic and being interested enough to give it a try. It was pretty decent.

I'm a big fan of the originals. I also enjoyed X, although I haven't played any others in the X series. Every so often, maybe once a year or so, I'll get a tune from one of the old NES Mega Man games stuck in my head, so I'll wind up playing it until I get my skills back. Then I'll wind up playing through the rest of them (except 5, since I can never seem to find a copy of Mega Man 5 for the NES). Such good times, although the series was starting to get a bit weak by 6. Mega Man 3 is such an amazing game, despite the shoddy programming, and Mega Man 2 is obviously an epic classic that I'll occasionally throw a couple hours at to play all the way through. The first one is fun, although it's so @#$%^& hard! I can't tell you how many times I have to resort to Select-glitching to beat the Yellow Devil (I can beat him without doing so, but it's pretty damn challenging for me). 4 is pretty solid, although I don't like that 4 and 6 basically have one order to beat the Robot Masters in. I mean, in 2 and 3 you could play through them in so many different ways and have a good time. 6 kind of allows for it (or at least a few of the Robot Masters are reasonable to defeat with the Buster), but not to the degree that 2 or 3 did.

Anyways, great series, and I'll probably wind up playing them soon now.

Gentlemen, may I introduce you to Twilight.exe. Google her.

mega man x for snes was my favorite. I think mainly because I really enjoyed it as a kid and it reminds me of simpler, easier days.

LittleDrummerGirl

YES! I played Megaman on Gameboy, then Megaman 1-10 (I think, plus two arcade versions) on Gameboy. Never beat a single one of them... ///slapped

I so loved the original Megaman series.
    When I had the old nes I had all of them.
    Had some of the Snes ones as well.

As for the X series I loved it when I got to play as X.
    He did not have a major ranged attack but after a few bosses he became so powerful.
    I found it way much easier to use him than Megaman.
    To me it seemed like the original Megaman series was easier than the X series.

I also enjoyed the legions series. With the Exploring and rpg twist on it.

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBleu View Post
    To me it seemed like the original Megaman series was easier than the X series.
    It was. And the new retro Mega Man titles are even harder than the X series, IMO. I own both 9 and 10, and have never won either of them. That said, I seldom have a chance to play video games before 9-10pm, and by that time I'm not really in the mood for severe punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm View Post
    The first one is fun, although it's so @#$%^& hard! I can't tell you how many times I have to resort to Select-glitching to beat the Yellow Devil (I can beat him without doing so, but it's pretty damn challenging for me).
    Heheh... The select trick is still the only way I can beat the Yellow Devil. His difficulty is just so out of step with the rest of the game. Unfortunately, I've had the Wii VC freeze on me many times while select-tricking my way to victory in Mega Man, and seem to recall this happening a few times on the actual NES hardware. The classic Mega Man games were definitely on the buggy side!