Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Act/sat

Default Act/sat

Well, today our sophomore class took the Pre-ACT test. I was pretty confident I did well. The questions them selves were actually not all that difficult, the bitch of it was, it was timed. If we had unlimited time, im pretty confident I could get a 32 on it. But it wasn't. So, since I want to go to college in Florida, that means I will have to take the SAT. My question(s) is/are, what is the difference between the SAT/ACT? And if you have taken the SAT/ACT, what were your scores? And also, is there a SAT/ACT like test in Europe?

Connor

Do all school age kids take those tests, we never had anything like that when I was in school.

But we had something you guys didn't have, Dino 101.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Do all school age kids take those tests, we never had anything like that when I was in school.

But we had something you guys didn't have, Dino 101.

I'm pretty sure just about everyone takes them. I never took the ACT, but I did the PSAT's and SAT's, both of which were held on a Saturday and cost money. Personally I think they are a way for some company to make some money. Looking back now being out of college for a few years, I don't even think I could tell you how I scored on the SAT's.

First the timing is part of the scoring.

I never took the SAT and I took the ACT so long ago it doesn't really matter.

it's been a loooong time since I took which ever one has the 2 digit score (see?)

My combined score was a 29 (or 26) whatever. The only thing that test did for me besides my college application was nothing. Well, I had to wake up early to take it, so there's that.

ACT is shorter and is fast paced with a time-limit but it's significantly easier than the SAT test in the better sense that if you have a quicker mind rather than one with deep thought. Not only that I think in the ACT points are deducted for not answering questions unlike SAT which doesn't deduct points for skipping. I have taken both of them and I personally prefer the SAT over the ACT. If you are looking into a degree in any foreign laungauge or plan on being a teacher ACT would be the way to go. Other wise find out which test better suits you.
    BTW, What colleges are you leaning towards? I'm looking at Florida colleges too.

For me, its Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. If you cant tell, its an aviation school, where im going to get my bachelors in Aeronautical Science. I want to be a commercial pilot. Im slowly getting there, cause ill have my PPL in the next few months. But its not cheap! About 45k a year...

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Connor92 View Post
    And also, is there a SAT/ACT like test in Europe?

Connor
    We don't do tests like that. At least not in my country. So I'm afraid you probably won't get an answer to that question

Peachy

Recently got SAT scores beofre, didnt too well.... 1110 without the writing (1620 with writing with a possible of a 2400 max I believe)