Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapering stuffed animals - help needed!!

Default Diapering stuffed animals - help needed!!

Hi all - I'm thinking of diapering my stuffed animals (mostly standard size (16-18 inches) Build-A-Bear friends. What size diaper should I use (I think I would prefer Pampers for the brand btw)?

You should probably take all their waist circumferences and research the different sizes of Pampers!

Some stores like RiteAid have single packaged sample diapers of their brand available. I'd try a size 3 on a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Some stores like RiteAid have single packaged sample diapers of their brand available. I'd try a size 3 on a bear.
    I'm thinking size 3 would work. Personally I don't like my stuffed animal's being diapered at all.

Anyone recall the old abdl story of "When Stuffed Animals Attack"? hilarious. girl diapers all her stuffed animals, her mom goes away for the weekend and then her stuffed animals forcibly baby her in some stupid revenge plot. The plot sounds worse then the writing was though.

FairyCakes

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I'm thinking size 3 would work. Personally I don't like my stuffed animal's being diapered at all.

Anyone recall the old abdl story of "When Stuffed Animals Attack"? hilarious. girl diapers all her stuffed animals, her mom goes away for the weekend and then her stuffed animals forcibly baby her in some stupid revenge plot. The plot sounds worse then the writing was though.
    That sounds hilarious! I have a tiny plushie, and it fits in a preemie one o.o I also have one that fits a size 2. Both of them are smaller than an 18in BAB (which I also have) so yeah, I say at least a 3 (:

SkarTiger

You're looking at an expert here!

Right, diapering plushies is really fun and really nice to pretend to be a mommy/daddy character yourself. I enjoy it a lot and it's really soothing to change a plushie's diaper. You can include as little or as much as you like to make it more real to you. If you're like me and you talk to your plushies, then you might want to make it more real.

You can use any brand of diaper you want. I used Pampers Newborn or Pampers Size 1 as they'r more suited to the plushie and when you cut into it, there isn't so much of a mess. As for other items, you can use them but I would suggest against it not to damage the plushie I use baby wipes only as baby powder, lotion and diaper rash cream would most likely damage the plushie and get stuck in the fibres.

Most Build-a-bear teddies come with a tail coming from it's behind. Now what you can do to avoid this is to fold the back of the diaper up so it looks like this from the side _> (sorry about the diagrams my internets slow). _> cut into the middle of the point on the 'greater than' symbol and you should be left with a cut in the middle. Use sticky tape to seal up the sides of the cut so the crystals don't make a mess.

Now you should be left with a diaper with a tail hole. Simply guide the plushie's tail through and seal the tapes up and you have one special diapered up plushie ready to play with you

When changing, I would've already prepared more diapers like this so I don't have to later on. Take the tapes off and treat the plushie as a normal baby so don't fling it about in other words. Rest it up and guide the diaper off. While he's in this position, slide the new diaper on it's tail and rest him down for the clean up.

Take a few wipes and wipe over their diaper area so it's nice and clean, fasten up the tapes and they're all clean again
    Hope this helps
    Skar

Sounds like a fun story
    Last edited by Trevor; 03-Sep-2012 at 00:04. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

I diaper my stuffed animals all the time. I don't know what size a build a bear would take for sure, but my teddy is much bigger than a build a bear and he is in pampers baby dry size 4, so i assume yours would be smaller.

Link please? I need a good laugh xD