Thread: Jackpot! - Most amazing vintage diaper haul ever!

Default Jackpot! - Most amazing vintage diaper haul ever!

I'm more of a vintage baby diaper collector, so this may not appeal to those that are only interested in adult diapers. I'm always on the lookout for the plastic-backed disposable diapers, stopping in at convenience stores or other places that do not turn over stock frequently. I've gotten lucky at times, mostly off-brand diapers. I once found two boxes of Pampers from the early 80's (green box), but both were size small. I'm fine opening some packs that don't really go for much on ebay, but my find this week might help me pay for a beach house for a week.

Saw on craigslist that a person was selling Pampers Stretch diapers for girls, and knew they hadn't been around for quite some time. I did some more poking around, and saw the same person had sold about 5 boxes of Luvs Deluxe for Boys (including a Walker 3) for about $40, but missed that one by about 3 months - darn it! So when I emailed her, I asked if she had any more diapers she was willing to get rid of.

Haul #1
    Luvs Ultra Leakguards Stretch Size 4 - 48 Count
    Pampers Stretch for Girls Size 4 - 48 Count (2 Packs)
    Pampers Stretch for Girls Size 3 - 32 Count
    Pampers Phases for Girls Infant 2 (about a size 2) - 44 Count
    Luvs Ultra Leakguards for Boys Size 3 - 36 Count
    Luvs Ultra Leakguards Size 3 - 32 Count
    Luvs Ultra Leakguards Size 2 - 68 Count
    Luvs Phases for Girls Crawler (about Medium) - 40 Count

Saw an opened pack of Ultra Pampers for Girls Large (29 of 30) just go on ebay for $660, so really excited about these next 3:

Pampers Ultra Pampers for Boys Medium - 40 Count
    Pampers Ultra Pampers for Boys Large - 60 Count
    Pampers Ultra Pampers for Girls Medium - 80 Count

And 7 packages of Publix Ultra Thin Diapers for Boys to round out Haul #1. Her mom was with her, and said she bought all the diapers as a birthday shower present for her other daughter, but her daughter didn't like the old style diapers at all, so they were just looking to get rid of them. They then asked if I would be in town for a day or two, as the said daughter was returning from vacation, and she had the other HALF of the packages they were looking to get rid of...

Haul #2
    Kroger Ultra Comforts in Stages for Girls Size 2 - 44 Count
    Kroger Ultra Comforts in Stages Size 3 - 40 Count
    Huggies Baby Steps Size 4 - 10 Count
    Drypers for Boys Medium - 40 Count
    Smiles Ultra for Girls Large - 32 Count (Pink Diapers!)
    Huggies Baby Steps for Him Size 3 - 40 Count
    Smiles Ultra Thin Medium - 96 Count
    Pampers Ultra Phases for Girls Crawler (Medium) - 80 Count
    Kuddles Ultra Medium - 40 Count (2 packs)
    Kuddles In Stages Size 3 - 40 Count
    Pampers Stretch for Boys Size 4 - 24 Count
    Huggies Baby Steps for Him Size 2 - 44 Count (2 packs)
    Huggies Baby Steps Size 3 - 40 Count
    Huggies Supertrim for Her Medium - 40 Count
    Laura Lynn Ultra in Stages for Boys Size 3 - 40 Count
    Kroger Diapers Medium - 36 Count (look to be late 80's)
    Pampers Ultra Pampers - 30 Count (2 packs)
    Pampers Ultra Pampers Phases for Girls Walker 2 - 10 Count
    Pampers Phases for Girls Walker 2 - 10 Count
    Luvs Deluxe for Boys Medium - 40 Count

And the holy grail of Haul #2 - Huggies Thick Large diapers, unopened 33 count (purple package)! The mediums just sold on ebay for $312 - and I have not seen the large listed once in the past 13 years. Not sure I'll ever be able to top this haul. Still taking pics, my camera battery was low when I started, so need to give it a day to recharge, but I'll be sure to update this thread when I do! Thanks for taking the time to read!

That's an amazing haul, if you don't mind. How much did both hauls cost? And p.s. don't spend the money on a beach house. Your better off saving it for a couple months than spending it in a week haha. But congrats, I'm pretty jealous haha.

Total of $410 for both, (and two 13 hour round trips for pick up, which was about $230 in gas). Normally wouldn't spend on a beach house, but wife and I recently had our first child, and parents live on both sides of the country, so it's our chance to get everyone together for a week. We were on the fence about it because of the cost, but hopefully can sell these for a little more than I bought them for.

That is indeed an awesome haul! I'm very jealous. I'd love to have some of the late-80's/early-90's Pampers I see going by on eBay (the ones I was buying for myself in my early teens). I'm no collector, though; I'd be unable to resist using them! As a result, there's simply no way I could justify spending what can amount to as much as $20/diaper. D'oh!

That's probably enough to serve 5 daycares on one block!

osf

That's sweet! I've been selling some stuff on eBay but nothing like this!