Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shame

Default Shame

Do you guys sometimes aver feel ashamed that we like to wear diapers? Sometimes I do. I know I shouldn't feel it since I should be proud of who I am, but still.......................

Nope, I accepted this part of me a long time ago. Anyway, is there a specific time/thing/situation that makes you feel ashamed? If so either avoid it until you've fully accepted this part of you or just accept yourself right now. Everyone has to go through this, but it helps knowing other recognize and accept you as well that's why ADISC was created in the first place. To give a sense that people were not alone in this. Anyway I'm not going to read to much into your post but could you answer me one thing? Have you ever told anyone/found out about his fetish, if so was the reaction good or bad? That may be causing these momentary bouts shame if the reaction went bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Nope, I accepted this part of me a long time ago. Anyway, is there a specific time/thing/situation that makes you feel ashamed? If so either avoid it until you've fully accepted this part of you or just accept yourself right now. Everyone has to go through this, but it helps knowing other recognize and accept you as well that's why ADISC was created in the first place. To give a sense that people were not alone in this. Anyway I'm not going to read to much into your post but could you answer me one thing? Have you ever told anyone/found out about his fetish, if so was the reaction good or bad? That may be causing these momentary bouts shame if the reaction went bad.
    I have roleplayed with a few people online, but no one in my immediate family knows. That is one of my biggest fears, them finding out and changing my relationship with them. And you know in American society if we even think a person is a pedophile for a second, we will shun them like lepers.
    Last edited by Trevor; 20-Aug-2012 at 04:48. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

It used to bother me a lot back when I didn't know there were others with the same desire. I couldn't say what it meant or why I was like that and I worried about the implications. I still don't really know why but it seems much less important now. I see it more like a food preference now. I don't think it's anything to be proud or ashamed of, it just is. I can do good, bad, or indifferent with it, like any other component of my personality. I wish I could save you the hassle of working this one out, but I don't know how to distill that understanding for others. It's not worth the negative energy you're putting into it.

So you can ignore what I post, I'm just putting that out there. Anyway I think from what you've just said StarTrekFan1 that your stressed out and are afraid of what popular opinion would convey and judge you as. You need to be less self conscious, I mean so what if half the U.S thinks you're a pedophile that just show's that they didn't bother to do adequate research before before labeling you. It's how you view yourself that counts. Which is why I'm bothered by this post, no one should be made to feel shameful of what they're doing just because it's unorthodox. Sure having a diaper fetish is weird but it doesn't hurt anyone, including yourself. Next question if you would be so inclined. Were you raised as an only child or brought up with strong fatherly influence? What I mean to ask is were you brought up with the steriotypical view of what masculinity should mean to a boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    So you can ignore what I post, I'm just putting that out there. Anyway I think from what you've just said StarTrekFan1 that your stressed out and are afraid of what popular opinion would convey and judge you as. You need to be less self conscious, I mean so what if half the U.S thinks you're a pedophile that just show's that they didn't bother to do adequate research before before labeling you. It's how you view yourself that counts. Which is why I'm bothered by this post, no one should be made to feel shameful of what they're doing just because it's unorthodox. Sure having a diaper fetish is weird but it doesn't hurt anyone, including yourself. Next question if you would be so inclined. Were you raised as an only child or brought up with strong fatherly influence? What I mean to ask is were you brought up with the steriotypical view of what masculinity should mean to a boy?
    I would rather not go into the dynamics of my family over the internet. But where I am from there is a difference in what a man is supposed to do and how a child acts.
    Last edited by Trevor; 20-Aug-2012 at 14:47. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Never said there wasn't. And sorry I didn't mean to be overly creepy there btw. Sorry for that. Still I stand firm on what I said earlier, nobody's being hurt by this fetish so why feel ashamed by it? Oh and that was a statement not a question. Just saying.

- Chance

PS. I hope that you turn over those feelings of shame soon. Good luck kicking it and remember you'll have the whole of ADISC behind you for support if you ever need that.

Self-acceptance is something a lot of AB/DL's struggle with, and the tricky part is that it's something that only you can do for yourself. You have to realize that this is part of who you are and that it's not going to change or go away, and from there you have to understand that you gain nothing by fighting against your own nature. Embrace who you are - that's all you can do, and only you can do it. Others can give advice, but ultimately you must be comfortable with your own personality and your own quirks, this included. If you feel ashamed, it's likely because you have not yet done this, and I urge that you strive towards it. Don't think about what you "should" or "should not" be - those idealizations aren't useful here. What is important is what you are.

Of course, worries about the possible repercussions of being found out are both natural and, to a fair extent, warranted. As fate would have it, you have a fairly odd kink which deals with many things which not only are social taboos themselves but also are easily conflated with other, less benign traits. This means you should be careful, yes, but caution and shame need not go hand-in-hand. You have no reason to be ashamed. Nothing good comes of being ashamed of something over which you have no control. Accept it for what it is, and enjoy it for what it is. Your goal should not be to fit into any sort of social mold of what you "ought" to be, your goal should be to be as happy and comfortable as you can be with what you are.

I mean, I would feel shamed if somebody knew about I wearing diapers, but the simple fact of I weaing diaper privately don't make me feel shamed

Awww, just remember you're/(we're all) born this way, and don't let others bring you down, cause your unique in your own way. :3 And sometime I feel the same way as you. But..we can't change it, cause there nothing ashamed about wearing them, just be yourself. x