Thread: Hello, everyone.

Default Hello, everyone.

This is actually more of a re-re-introduction, as I used to have an account on this site under a different name, and using a different e-mail address, neither of which I satisfactorily remember, and this is a re-activated account that went inactive a while back due to lack of posting, primarily due to the fact that I've lapsed in my activity in the AB/DL community as a whole. Seeing the 'Cheat Sheet' of what's expected in an introduction here, I suppose it's as good of a way as any of breaking the ice.

1. Hello there! If I remain active enough here, I'm sure a few may pick up on a few personality quirks I have. I have a fairly good sense of humor, but tend to take some things mayhap a bit too seriously. I also have a tendency to speak/write rather verbosely, which may delight or annoy, depending on the reader.

2. My interest in diapers is strictly that of a Diaper Lover. I'm fully supportive of the entire AB/DL community, but I personally lack any interest in sippies and spankings, binkies and bottles, bibs and cribs, crawling or crayons. Just diapers, and the uses for which they were designed. This is actually a recently discovered pet-peeve of mind, after a couple of members on another AB/DL site tried to insist that all Diaper Lovers were actually Adult Babies.

3. My 'normal' interests are varied. I love to learn, and have shelves upon shelves of books on everything from the history of medieval weaponry to astrophysics; from biology to psychology; from how-to guides on painting to emergency situation survival manuals. I spend a great deal of my time reading up on one thing or another - whatever interests me at the moment.

I also have a somewhat more limited collection of audio books that I listen to on my iPod when carrying around a physical book or stopping to read would be otherwise inconvenient, such as while I'm at work. Aside from learning, when I feel I must take my mind off things, I like to play a variety of games or watch a variety of movies or shows.

I don't watch much TV, but I do have Netflix, which has some things on it that I wouldn't normally be able to watch, as they don't generally air on TV(Documentaries and science shows, mostly).

I also enjoy writing, mostly short stories or poems, but when I have the time or the right state of mind, I may occasionally write longer things or more insightful things.

4. What am I looking to get out of this site? Not much, oddly enough. I'm usually content to keep my secrets, but I do so enjoy, on occasion, to not have to hide certain aspects of myself. It's a minor inconvenience, as many on these forums must know, to never be able to say what they really are or express what's on their mind.

As I said earlier on, however, I also love to read and write, so the stories section on here holds a certain fascination for me, as does the mature board, as I enjoy lending a hand on touchy issues when I can, or tossing in my two cents on more mature discussions.

Well welcome back! Hopefully manage to stick around a bit more this time then the last time at least! humor is always a good thing, and wouldn't worry too much about being verbose, there are a few here who are and some that are/were considered top contributors so I don't think it will be too much an issue =p.

What movies and/or shows do you tend to like to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
    This is actually more of a re-re-introduction, as I used to have an account on this site under a different name, and using a different e-mail address, neither of which I satisfactorily remember, and this is a re-activated account that went inactive a while back due to lack of posting, primarily due to the fact that I've lapsed in my activity in the AB/DL community as a whole. Seeing the 'Cheat Sheet' of what's expected in an introduction here, I suppose it's as good of a way as any of breaking the ice.

1. Hello there! If I remain active enough here, I'm sure a few may pick up on a few personality quirks I have. I have a fairly good sense of humor, but tend to take some things mayhap a bit too seriously. I also have a tendency to speak/write rather verbosely, which may delight or annoy, depending on the reader.

2. My interest in diapers is strictly that of a Diaper Lover. I'm fully supportive of the entire AB/DL community, but I personally lack any interest in sippies and spankings, binkies and bottles, bibs and cribs, crawling or crayons. Just diapers, and the uses for which they were designed. This is actually a recently discovered pet-peeve of mind, after a couple of members on another AB/DL site tried to insist that all Diaper Lovers were actually Adult Babies.

3. My 'normal' interests are varied. I love to learn, and have shelves upon shelves of books on everything from the history of medieval weaponry to astrophysics; from biology to psychology; from how-to guides on painting to emergency situation survival manuals. I spend a great deal of my time reading up on one thing or another - whatever interests me at the moment.

I also have a somewhat more limited collection of audio books that I listen to on my iPod when carrying around a physical book or stopping to read would be otherwise inconvenient, such as while I'm at work. Aside from learning, when I feel I must take my mind off things, I like to play a variety of games or watch a variety of movies or shows.

I don't watch much TV, but I do have Netflix, which has some things on it that I wouldn't normally be able to watch, as they don't generally air on TV(Documentaries and science shows, mostly).

I also enjoy writing, mostly short stories or poems, but when I have the time or the right state of mind, I may occasionally write longer things or more insightful things.

4. What am I looking to get out of this site? Not much, oddly enough. I'm usually content to keep my secrets, but I do so enjoy, on occasion, to not have to hide certain aspects of myself. It's a minor inconvenience, as many on these forums must know, to never be able to say what they really are or express what's on their mind.

As I said earlier on, however, I also love to read and write, so the stories section on here holds a certain fascination for me, as does the mature board, as I enjoy lending a hand on touchy issues when I can, or tossing in my two cents on more mature discussions.
    Welcome back to ADISC.

Well I hope in your shelve there are modern weaponry rather then medieval. Wow I mean you more like to Jack of all trades. I'm only interested in history and I'm never have any interest on Biology. So what kind of documentaries you like? I like mostly history and my Favorites is Apocalypse: The Second World War.

Anyway Welcome(Back) and enjoy ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Welcome back to ADISC.

Well I hope in your shelve there are modern weaponry rather then medieval. Wow I mean you more like to Jack of all trades. I'm only interested in history and I'm never have any interest on Biology. So what kind of documentaries you like? I like mostly history and my Favorites is Apocalypse: The Second World War.

Anyway Welcome(Back) and enjoy ADISC.
    I suppose I could be labeled as a Jack-of-all-trades, though my theoretical knowledge is a bit more extensive than my practical knowledge. I've come to the conclusion that I'm good at a lot of things, but great at very few things.

As for the documentaries I watch, they're usually on Netflix, as that's my primary source of visual media. Within the last couple of months, I've watched documentaries such as, "Apocalypse How," which discusses the variety of ways the world could end, several episodes of; "Cosmos," a documentary series from the early 1980's based upon the book of the same name by(as well as starring) astrophysicist and cosmologist Carl Sagan, which touches on a few topics I personally find interesting, such as the development and potential of the human brain, and the idea of faster-than-light travel; "For the Bible Tells Me So," a documentary which discusses the ways conservative Christians have used and abused scripture to step on basic human rights throughout history(slavery, women's suffrage, segregation, gay marriage, etc.); and "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking," a short series which discusses the history and development of the universe as we know it.