Thread: A Few Baby Diaper Questions

Default A Few Baby Diaper Questions

What materials are each brand of diapers made of? Which diapers have the stretchiest sides/tapes? And which diapers have the most crinkles?

Most baby diapers have a non-woven "cloth-like" plastic on the outside (Pampers, Luvs) and some are almost completely made of the stuff (Huggies). None of them are particularly crinkly unless you tear off the cloth-like cover (Pampers, Luvs). If crinkly is your thing, you'll be wanting to check out some adult diapers. Some Babies 'R' Us locations carry CoolDiaps, which have an old-school smooth plastic exterior and are (probably) crinkly, but then you're unlikely to be able to squeeze into them.

Pampers definitely win for stretchy sides, with Pampers Cruisers being the stretchiest of all (as far as I can tell). Luvs come in a close second. Huggies don't stretch much at all, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Most baby diapers have a non-woven "cloth-like" plastic on the outside (Pampers, Luvs) and some are almost completely made of the stuff (Huggies). None of them are particularly crinkly unless you tear off the cloth-like cover (Pampers, Luvs). If crinkly is your thing, you'll be wanting to check out some adult diapers. Some Babies 'R' Us locations carry CoolDiaps, which have an old-school smooth plastic exterior and are (probably) crinkly, but then you're unlikely to be able to squeeze into them.

Pampers definitely win for stretchy sides, with Pampers Cruisers being the stretchiest of all (as far as I can tell). Luvs come in a close second. Huggies don't stretch much at all, unfortunately.
    I was thinking about buying Parent's Choice Size 6 from Wal-Mart. Don't they have that crinkle sound or the stretchy sides?
    Last edited by Trevor; 18-Aug-2012 at 03:51. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingClothesLover View Post
    I was thinking about buying Parent's Choice Size 6 from Wal-Mart. Don't they have that crinkle sound or the stretchy sides?
    No to both, I'm afraid. Unless things have changed in the last two years (it's been about that long since I tried those), they're fairly Huggies-like in terms of texture and stretchiness, and they don't crinkle at all. Again, modern baby diapers are pretty much crinkle-free unless you peel off the cloth-like cover, and you can't do that on all of them. With the cover gone they have a bit of a crinkle, though in my experience removing the cover often produces small pinhole leaks. Your mileage will vary.

So, if you want crinkle in a baby diaper, be prepared to modify the diaper a little. Or try the CoolDiaps, though I don't expect much/any stretchiness there. I'll buy some when I next see them and report back.

I've never tried to peel off the covers on diapers before now. I did it on my goodnites and they crinkled when I touched um. I'll have to try it on pampers too If I can get some more.

Get some Bambinos I have one and it's both crinkly and cute (diaper has blocks that spell BABY