Thread: Favorite scary game?

Default Favorite scary game?

Exactly what it says on the tin. What's your favorite game that scared you? That includes games that aren't meant to be scary, but still had some part that creeped you out.
    Like those statues in Majora's Mask. *SHUDDER*

Personally, mine is the Slender game. Holy tortoise shells of doom, that game makes me jump more than anything! He just stands there. MENACINGLY! AUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomguy View Post
    Exactly what it says on the tin. What's your favorite game that scared you? That includes games that aren't meant to be scary, but still had some part that creeped you out.
    Like those statues in Majora's Mask. *SHUDDER*

Personally, mine is the Slender game. Holy tortoise shells of doom, that game makes me jump more than anything! He just stands there. MENACINGLY! AUGH!
    Not one yet, I loved Silent Hill but no game as ever scared me cos well I know its a game guess that's how my mind set works.

courier7

Default Favorite scary game?

Slender. Nuff said

StripesTheSkunk

Slender Man- The only game that requires a diaper.

Half Life 2 anyone?

Ok, so it's not THAT scary, but Ravenholm did scare me the first time through. There's also those little "stories" you find throughout the game. Ya know those areas where there will be, like a dead person lying on a mattress; various things everywhere, milk cartons, bottles, newspapers. It's obvious someone lived here. Then you turn around and a zombie throws a table at your face! After killing the zombie you realize this person lived here, just trying to escape the combine, only to meet the horrible fate of headcrabbery :0

Again, it's not the scariest game ever made, but it can can creep ya out some times, if you pay attention. :/

I've been on a horror-themed gaming kick lately and trying out some of the old/classic PC ones I never got around to, like Alone In The Dark, The Black Mirror, Condemned, and such. (I wouldn't really recommend any of those, except Black Mirror, but Black Mirror wasn't very scary at all. It was good more because of the puzzles and story. Oh, and don't play the 7th Guest, it was very boring.)

About some others, though

- Amnesia: The Dark Descent! I haven't played it myself, actually, but I watched all the way through a Lets Play, and it's pretty awesome. I bet it'd be super terrifying to play myself.

- Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories were also good.

- What I've played of the REsident Evil series is fun, but not all that scary, I think.

- Fatal Frame 2 is a bit scary, and it's a lovely game too. Haven't playd the first.

- Slender IS surprisingly scary, considering how simple it is. But good gravy-cakes, he just APPEARS THERE and then auguhghgghg...

- I just recently played through Blood Rayne and its sequel, and surprisingly I love them. But they aren't really horror/scary games at all, in spite of its vampiric theme.

- I have to admit Doom 3 did scare me sometimes, though it mostly relies on surprising you for that. I got bored about 3/4ths the way through and stopped playing when I first tried it, though. Im gonna try playing it again sometime soon and see how it feels now.

- The human/marine campaign from Aliens Vs. Predators 2 is really fun and scary to play through the first few times.

- Haunting Ground is pretty creepy, but you get used to it and it starts feeling repetitive after a while...

Amenisa. Good gameplay and alright plot line. After the first or three silent hills there never seemed to be a real survival horror game that was actually scary. Silent hill 4 sucked to high hell as a SH game though I did like it. Also Resident evil 4 was great, but it wasn't scary either.

Wait Fatal Frame 1 and 2 were good.