Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Can't We Get A 'Normal' Person To Represent ABDL's On TV?

Default Why Can't We Get A 'Normal' Person To Represent ABDL's On TV?

Before I begin, I'm not trying to offend anybody, I'm just saying my opinion.

Am I the only one that is angered by the people that have represented the ABDL comunity on telivision? The guy on Dr. Phil made this comuntity look like a bunch of freeks IMO. Riley Kilo is transgender, wich alot of people do not accept. Why can't a 'normal' person from this comunity go on TV and make us look as acseptible as we can. I just wish a man or woman that lived a normal life and went to work every day that whore diapers on the side would go and show the world that we are all not a bunch of freaks and that most of us live normal lives and we just like to wear diapers for pleasure. I just feel that the current people that have represented the ABDL comunity have done a horible job.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Default Re: Why Can't We Get A 'Normal' Person To Represent ABDL's On TV?

This has been discussed MANY times on this site, and the general answer is that a "normal" person would never go on the show. They actually have something to lose. Going on TV to TRY (they generally won't succeed more than the others have) is definitely NOT worth ruining your public, professional identity and reputation.

No one is ever going to be perfect enough either for everyone in the community or for the media. In the most fundamental way, these people will never represent me because I don't have any interest in spreading the word to a wider public. If that's what they want to do, more power to them. When I talk to people who aren't part of the community, there could be a lot of explaining to do and I'm not worried about the image presented by other people in the media. What we do is strange all by itself and I don't think that the image presented by one fallible human or another will make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    This has been discussed MANY times on this site, and the general answer is that a "normal" person would never go on the show. They actually have something to lose. Going on TV to TRY (they generally won't succeed more than the others have) is definitely NOT worth ruining your public, professional identity and reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    No one is ever going to be perfect enough either for everyone in the community or for the media. In the most fundamental way, these people will never represent me because I don't have any interest in spreading the word to a wider public. If that's what they want to do, more power to them. When I talk to people who aren't part of the community, there could be a lot of explaining to do and I'm not worried about the image presented by other people in the media. What we do is strange all by itself and I don't think that the image presented by one fallible human or another will make much difference.
    I agree with you guys. I totally understand why "normal" ABDLs won't come out publicly. I know I wouldn't, I have to much to loose. My ABDL side is very private to me. But, I do wish there was a "normal" ABDL that would come out.
    Last edited by Trevor; 15-Aug-2012 at 21:27. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineDL View Post
    I agree with you guys. I totally understand why "normal" ABDLs won't come out publicly. I know I wouldn't, I have to much to loose. My ABDL side is very private to me. But, I do wish there was a "normal" ABDL that would come out.
    I agree definitely. I don't see the point of going on tv and broadcasting my face and name all over the world for all to see. I have way too much to lose
    Last edited by baby2birl; 15-Aug-2012 at 21:58. Reason: removed double post

Ryley was actually pretty fantastic.

At the end of the day, though, we are all abnormal so trying to find a "normal" AB is a fool's errand

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Ryley was actually pretty fantastic.

At the end of the day, though, we are all abnormal so trying to find a "normal" AB is a fool's errand
    The only person that was pretty close to normal was the girl on Tyra Banks. It's to bad that didn't give her moe time on the show.
    Last edited by Trevor; 16-Aug-2012 at 00:04. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

I think it just needs to be put out there in a more normal way, people that go on tv are normally already a bit too abdl.
    if someone was to do it, it should be someone that just wears diapers for fun a bit, and still has a normal life. but as you said, these people have too much to lose,
    so maybe it could be done anonymously, like through social media, and maybe highlight other things similar, like some people are nudists. People are a bit stranger nowadays, they has been a big wave of people with footed sleepers, plenty of my friends have them, so now they are more normal.
    but it used to be the case that dressing in a "baby" thing like that was weird. i doubt diapers will ever be fully accepted, but we could make it seem less weird.

If you look more deeply at it, you can see that it won't matter.

If the media wants, they can twist ANYTHING to look more twisted than it actually is.

Supersam1223

The TV networks aren't interested in "normal" people, they want the weirdos, and the extremists. Normal people don't make a good story.