Thread: Needlepoint arts and crafts.

Default Needlepoint arts and crafts.

Simple, inexpensive creations. A positive way to help reduce personal stresses and unwind for a while. It can be done bit by bit, and you can see immediate results. These are some of the many reasons why I've gotten back into needlepoint. The biggest reason was stress reduction, which is something I've desperately needed.

For those that don't know, needlepoint, is best described as weaving yarn/string through canvas - whether fabric or plastic - to make simple or intricate designs. And what can be used as a design? Well pretty much anything, as seen below.

Random koala picture I printed off the net and used as a rough template. Obviously they're not great, but I'm happy with 'em.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0395.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	13776

Minecraft creeper!

Name:	PICT0399.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	13777

Rough paper sketch vs finished product.

Name:	PICT0393.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	13778

Bits and pieces all jumbled together.

Name:	PICT0387.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	13779

So, to any crafters out there, what do you get out of needle-pointing and what do you like to make? Sound off; opinions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped View Post
    The biggest reason was stress reduction, which is something I've desperately needed.
    Ha! i've got my feeling-cloths for that!
    totally unproductive, but i don't care.

So, to any crafters out there, what do you get out of needle-pointing and what do you like to make? Sound off; opinions welcome.
    i guess you could call me a crafter; well, you've seen some of my stuff. but, the needlepoint you describe is what we learned at primary school, as a starter to......erm......'looking after yourself'. yep, everybody had to learn sewing and it also included tapestry. at home, we learned finger knitting and then needle knitting.
    it's a bit weird, for me, to find there's people who can't do any of that stuff.

and, pragmatic as ever, i think my peak was in making a diaphragm for a vacuum advance unit, out of an old pair of industrial waterproof kecks; it was only a simple cone shape i had to make, but like, who'd a thowt it? certainly, not the car manufacturer.

I used to build cargo furniture. I also made Emperor clocks from their kits. I still have two of them. Now I write as it's something I enjoy. My wife used to needle point as did my aunt. Some of her's hang on our walls. Good luck with your project. They can become very beautiful and elaborate.

I have watched one of my grannies crochet all my life. Soap opera on tv and crochet'ing away. When I got the chance to do it in art class, it was actually exciting to be able to learn it. I haven't done it in 11 years but could still do it if I needed to.

Every time one of her daughters or sons became "expecting" she would start on a baby blanket and have it ready when the baby was born. I would give anything to find the one she made for me. My mom pack rat'd that stuff and I have no idea what happen to it.

Whelp after a busy time in the past three weeks, I'm back with some new projects to show off display.

Tripped's online needlepoint photo album.

Of course you'll find the first few I pictured in the first post, but since then, I've made a mock pill bottle with fake pills, the paw logo of the largest fur con, two small dice cube thingies and a bio-hazard placard.

My next big projects are going to be a few more koala stitch patterns and the Dodge Ram logo.

My next big projects are going to be
    a few more koala stitch patterns and the Dodge Ram logo. 'ADISC.ORG' sew-on patches, $10 each

i can only say, "well done" and, "love the train set "