Thread: Aargh! Parents in my house, without me there!

Default Aargh! Parents in my house, without me there!

Hmm, so I'm on my way home from a city some 50 miles from home; I'm about 10 miles from home and my phone rings.
    I pull over and stop to answer and it's my mum. She wants to know how soon I'll be home, cos She;s already there with my Dad!
    Panic! I'd put some umm, 'personal toys' away before leaving the house earlier but I KNOW that some enema stuff is still in the bath, that I have a skirt on hangar in full view in my bedroom and I don't know what else on view!

We have each other's keys in case of emergencies etc, but this wasn't part of the plan, especially as they're nosey.
    They went in my bedroom (recently decorated and they funded the wardrobes) so I know they saw the skirt. I have no idea if they rooted further and found any diaper related stuff. THey used the bathroom, so i know they saw the enema stuff. Damn!

edit: Just to make it even worse, I was wearing a diaper when I arrived, having put one on when I left the other city, so get home, right at the point where I am full enough to use the diaper and have to rush to the bathroom and change out of it so my folks don't notice the padding...

But it's really awkward cos even at their age, they're having to subsidise me as I'm out of work, so I can't complain as I need they money and they're bought food and drink for me and left it in the fridge.
    Trouble is, whatever they found, my dad will use at some point to humiliate me.
    Rock, meet hard place....

Oh god... that reminds me of the time I was renting a flat in London. Legally the landlord needs to give you at least a month's notice before visiting, but seeing as he lived in Spain I was pretty sure he wouldn't just drop in.

The first thing I know as I awake with a hangover is that someone is in the flat. I'm in bed, padded, and the flat is a state. I'd got in drunk the night before, grabbed some Tena Slips and left the rest of the pack spilling out all over the place... and just got undressed walking round the flat dropping my clothes all over the place at random (not something I'd usually do, you understand?!)

Anyway, the estate agent had decided that I probably wouldn't be there so (as we were due to be moving out soon) she came round illegally and let herself in.

When the bedroom door opened, I grabbed an empty beer bottle, leapt out of bed (shielding myself with the duvet) and with a blood-curdling (and very hungover) howl I lunged at the door (just for fun). I gave the poor women the fright of her life and she screamed and ran out whilst apologising loudly. It's actually quite funny to see someone crap themselves apologetically. Ah well, that'll teach 'em!

Moral of this story: unless the building is completely secure, and locked with keys that only you have... there's always a chance of an uninvited guest joining you...

Vorlonfairy...sux, but sh*t happens. Unfortunately for you, your parents are subsidising your living at the moment, soooooo...they probably feel it's 'okay' for them to just 'drop by' whenever they like. And this is why no one has keys to my place! LOL

tiny...I don't know about the UK, but I suspect it's like most places...the landlord (or his duly appointed agent) needs to give 24 hours notice prior to entering an apartment, not a month! This is, of course, as his visit may relate to repairs/updates to the property, or showing it to prospective renters/buyers after notice to quit has been given. In fact, in an emergency (fire, flood, etc.) a landlord may enter the premises without notice. (For example: If your downstairs neighbour has water pouring through his bathroom ceiling, the landlord can enter your apartment or flat without notice to ascertain if the water is coming from there.)

Tiny, I can't imagine what it would be like to go bar hopping with you..haha!!!

Anyway, back to topic, oh yes Vorlonfairy, I do know that sinking feeling. There was a time when I would hang my drying cloth diapers on the laundry line in our laundry room. My wife and I were doing laundry and my son and granddaughter dropped in to say hi, and of course walked into the laundry room where we were and where one diaper was on the line. The diaper was way in the back, so I hoped they didn't see it, but it felt like there was an elephant hanging from the line, trumpeting and saying, Look at me. Look at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Vorlonfairy...sux, but sh*t happens. Unfortunately for you, your parents are subsidising your living at the moment, soooooo...they probably feel it's 'okay' for them to just 'drop by' whenever they like. And this is why no one has keys to my place! LOL

tiny...I don't know about the UK, but I suspect it's like most places...the landlord (or his duly appointed agent) needs to give 24 hours notice prior to entering an apartment, not a month! This is, of course, as his visit may relate to repairs/updates to the property, or showing it to prospective renters/buyers after notice to quit has been given. In fact, in an emergency (fire, flood, etc.) a landlord may enter the premises without notice. (For example: If your downstairs neighbour has water pouring through his bathroom ceiling, the landlord can enter your apartment or flat without notice to ascertain if the water is coming from there.)
    Oh, I know the landlord stuff. They're not my landlord though. They seem to think at times that because they're my parents that I have no privacy rights from them.
    May be I should buy the biggest 'toy' I can find and leave it visible at all times?