Thread: Broke up with my girl today....:sad:

Default Broke up with my girl today....:sad:

Today is my relationship with my girlfriend stopped, it hurts so much! i feel very depressed right now. can't handle it.....
    Has anyone advice how I can best handle this grief?
    Three years of happiness ended today! She ment everything to me in so much ways! she was and still is the love of my life!

this could be standing in the wrong subforum...saw it too late! sorry!

I think the best thing to do will be move on and throw yourself into something else that makes you least a little happy. A favorite game, riding a bike, swimming, etc, whatever brings some amount of joy.

I am sorry for you, VectraPup. Is this break-up ' set in stone ' ? Is there no chance that you and your Ex can reconcile, and get back together ?

Falkio

Quote Originally Posted by VectraPup View Post
    Today is my relationship with my girlfriend stopped, it hurts so much! i feel very depressed right now. can't handle it.....
    Has anyone advice how I can best handle this grief?
    Three years of happiness ended today! She meant everything to me in so many ways! She was, and still is, the love of my life!
    I'm sorry to hear about your break up, VectraPup. I dated a member of this site for about a year and a half, and we truly loved each other. We talked every night before bed, visited each other often, had the most passionate sex, and even visited the Castro together. We ultimately broke up over relationship issues. Even thought we fought constantly beforehand, we were both devastated after the fact. I knew I had to break up with him eventually, for my own sake, but it still hurt. You feel a huge emptiness for awhile, like you can't digest what actually happened, then you feel torn, alone, and confused. My grades even declined that semester over it! It was terrible. I spent at least a month recovering from it.

In the meantime, you should talk to as many friends as possible. Venting really helps, even if its about stupid shit. Just pick someone close to you with spare time and start ranting. The "talking cure" made me feel much better in the short run, and made me more reasonable in the long run. Once you move on, start soliciting for relationships again. I love having a partner. It brings joy to my life, so the sooner you move beyond your breakup, the sooner you can get back to the good stuff.

Cheers mate. I know that feel.