Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 31 years old woman have a body and mind of a baby

Default 31 years old woman have a body and mind of a baby

This case has occurred in Brazil, the woman, basically have some rare disease that impeded her to grow up physically and mentally, so even she is 31 years old, she has a baby body. I know that this probably would seems a lie, but it’s not, below I put the source of the news (including a TV report about it)

Maria belongs to a poor family, living in a mud house in Ceara, Brazil. Her family consists of her father and his second wife, who has been caring for her ever since her own mother died, 13 years ago. The family cannot afford to provide any form of treatment for Maria, whose condition could have been reversed if treated at birth. For now, she continues to live like a baby, unable to tend to her own needs, and unable, even to speak. The home in which Maria lives, however poor, does not seem short of love. Her step-mother, Dora, has taken care of the woman-child since the day she was married. Dora believes that it is the passion of her life, and that the child was sent to her as a gift of God, to take care of.

Experts from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ceara believe that what Maria suffers from is a severe deficiency of the thyroid hormone. As a result of hypothyroidism, her body was never able to develop physically or mentally. They also went on to say that if the case had been identified early on, Maria may have grown up as a normal child. The University has agreed to provide free treatment to Maria, to enable her to be a little more independent – to walk, eat and say a few words. But for now she is, in some ways, what every parent wishes for – a child that never grows up.

Source:
    30-Year Old Brazilian Woman Looks Like a 9-Month Baby | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities (English)
    http://cryscresc.net/the-child-who-never-grew-up (English)
    Beb adulto: mulher de 28 anos tem corpo e mente de beb de 9 meses - Folha Vitria (Portuguese)

- - - Updated - - -

I mean this is kind ironic.. I mean, she will be a baby for all her life, she will never grow up, never will do "grow-up stuff"... I think many people would fantasy about this (I am not one of those, because would be kind boring been a baby the whole time), but it's ironic..
    Last edited by drwho; 12-Aug-2012 at 13:15.

Yeah poor her I mean she come from poor family and couldn't afford some medication but she is lucky to have a good step-mother. Well I'm pray for her so she can get better.

PS: Yeah kinda ironic I mean some of us here(Well if I'm honest I like to be baby but I don't want to leave behind adult life I mean seriously you want to be baby for the rest of your life?) probably wish to be baby again and yeah very Ironic.

FairyCakes

Do Maria & Brooke Greenberg have the same condition?

Quote Originally Posted by FairyCakes View Post
    Do Maria & Brooke Greenberg have the same condition?
    Same symptoms so it is possible but if I recall correctly the doctors have no idea what causes Brooke's illness so it is named Syndrome X whereas here the doctors seem to have an idea of what caused it here so either this girl's doctors are wrong or it is a different condition.

PS: Yeah kinda ironic I mean some of us here(Well if I'm honest I like to be baby but I don't want to leave behind adult life I mean seriously you want to be baby for the rest of your life?) probably wish to be baby again and yeah very Ironic.

I mean, it's the kind of thing that is only good at the fantasy, "Never grow up and been treated like a baby all the time for the rest of your life. And have to use diaper and baby clothes, and be treated as a baby in public", I mean, even I already fantasized about it.

But if you consider how it really would BE this in real life.. It would be horrible, a fucking nightmare.

Let's face it.. Wouldn't be nice, if you thought in real aspects like never be able to talk, watch TV, and do other grow up stuff...

No she know no different it is her life she knows not what she's missing she is a loved baby so she is happy

This seems like a prime example to all parents: Be careful what you wish for; you might get it.

Cloudchaser

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    This seems like a prime example to all parents: Be careful what you wish for; you might get it.
    Hahahaha! I'll remember this years to come!

So sad, but she is loved, you can see that from the video. Even though this is not her child, her step-mother loves her as her very own. So, perhaps it's not so sad. I mean, what more can anyone ask for in this life than to be loved? This young woman, who appears to all of us as a baby, has all the love she needs. If only we could all say he same!

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post

I mean, it's the kind of thing that is only good at the fantasy, "Never grow up and been treated like a baby all the time for the rest of your life. And have to use diaper and baby clothes, and be treated as a baby in public", I mean, even I already fantasized about it.

But if you consider how it really would BE this in real life.. It would be horrible, a fucking nightmare.

Let's face it.. Wouldn't be nice, if you thought in real aspects like never be able to talk, watch TV, and do other grow up stuff...
    Yeah Baby is not exactly free you have to be constantly watch and if you mean to be baby forever it means you can't do grown ups stuff.(Surfing Internet,Playing Video Games,Watch Adult Movies/TV,Reading grown ups book) I mean I can't life with that. But I'm not here to judgement people so if you like to be babied the rest of your life please. I'm not an Gestapo. Just to make sure you can't be baby 24/7 you have to do adult stuff at some point. That's why I like to play baby but I don't want to spent my entire life just to be baby.