Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creativity Spark - How to make your own plastic pants?

Default Creativity Spark - How to make your own plastic pants?

I was curious today and wanted to figure out a way to make your own plastic pants. After experimentation and research, I have yet to find out a way to make a good pair. This does not mean making it out of a trash bag - That would make it noisier and the bag doesn't even hold much, if any at all.

I will take suggestions and ideas, and if anyone has any links of someone already doing this, please hand 'em over.

Tigger

In the end it would most likely work out to be alot easier and cheaper to just buy a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    In the end it would most likely work out to be alot easier and cheaper to just buy a pair.
    And yet most people at our age can't grab a pair, mainly because they're only available online.

back in my days of improvising diapers from everyday household items i found that plastic wrap made a good waterproof layer. i'd worked out a whole technique using plastic wrap, a towel, a belt, and some baby powder i found with my mom's makeup. i'll give you the specifics if you're interested, but planning and design is part of the fun! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by TroubledTeen View Post
    And yet most people at our age can't grab a pair, mainly because they're only available online.
    If you are in North America you can buy adult size plastic pants in packs of 2 or 3 at most pharmacies...if not directly in the incontinence product aisle try looking in the medical supplies section (where they keep things like bed pans and urinals (the bottle type not the ones that hang on the wall in mens' rooms). They also used to have them in the Sears catalogue, too. I've seen them here (in Canada) for about $20 for a pack of 3. I wouldn't be surprised if they're as readily available in other places as well (although probably not the UK which seems to have a blockade on all things diaper-related LOL)

Darkfinn

I dunno about making a pair... unless you are really good with a sewing machine and have access to waterproofed fabrics.

I don't know about making them but I have seen a diaper cover called the Salk Sani Pant in several medical supply stores. They are not quite as good as plastic or rubber pants but they are alright for small leaks. If this fails you can always use a trashbag and make holes for the legs in the bottom but you said you didn't want to do this so I don't know what else to tell you. And Ayanna, I live in the US and I have never, ever, ever seen a pair of plastic pants in a pharmacy or drug store. I am really interested in the name of the store that sells them in the US if you could provide that.

I just use a large clear garbage bag. Make two holes in the bottom for your legs and then pull it on and tape it up. Works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    If you are in North America you can buy adult size plastic pants in packs of 2 or 3 at most pharmacies...if not directly in the incontinence product aisle try looking in the medical supplies section (where they keep things like bed pans and urinals (the bottle type not the ones that hang on the wall in mens' rooms). They also used to have them in the Sears catalogue, too. I've seen them here (in Canada) for about $20 for a pack of 3. I wouldn't be surprised if they're as readily available in other places as well (although probably not the UK which seems to have a blockade on all things diaper-related LOL)
    If you're in canada, maybe that is why. If you could list off some stores that are in your area, i might be able to find a few through those names.