Thread: Are the UNderjams sides any different than they were a few years ago?

Default Are the UNderjams sides any different than they were a few years ago?

I am 5'10" with a 27-28 inch waist and wiegh about 135 pounds. I ordered some underjams online last year and I liked them, but the sides ripped within 15 minutes on some of them.

Was this pack defective or were the sides really that bad?

The problem seemed to be all the little holes in the elastomer material which leads to stress concentrations and eventual failure.

Have they made any changes to the sides in the last 2 years?

I asked the same question on DD and the answer was no. They did not or even attempt to improve the sides.

Its just suprising, since the Pampers size 7 fit fine, and even though its a bit tight around the waist, the sides have no issues.
    The UNderjams sides are made of the same material, but it has holes, and I also dont think its attached as well to the diaper part.

I bought a pack of the L/XL size a few months back, and I didn't have any trouble with them. I have a 38" waist (but more importantly, 44" hips!) and I did have to pre-stretch them a little before putting them on. They feel ok but are obviously on the low side. I never wore them for more than a couple of hours, so I can't say for certain how long the sides last on me, but they didn't immediately pop either. And I'm a good deal larger than you are! The elastic is still perforated, and I expect it would be stronger (if less stretchy) without that... So there you go! One datapoint.

You ordered them online? Are they not simply available in the grocery store?

Quote Originally Posted by curious88 View Post
    Its just suprising, since the Pampers size 7 fit fine, and even though its a bit tight around the waist, the sides have no issues.
    The UNderjams sides are made of the same material, but it has holes, and I also dont think its attached as well to the diaper part.
    Yes i'm able to wear pampers size 7 too and make it through the whole night with out them popping off or ripping, but then again they don't have little holes that can get stretched out like the underjams. I honestly think it doesn't matter what size you are as I've read so many complaints on the parenting board of parents who have children that fall within the exact weight range and still the sides fall apart. It is very surprising to me after so many years that they did not fix this.
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-Aug-2012 at 04:08. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I bought a pack of the L/XL size a few months back, and I didn't have any trouble with them. I have a 38" waist (but more importantly, 44" hips!) and I did have to pre-stretch them a little before putting them on. They feel ok but are obviously on the low side. I never wore them for more than a couple of hours, so I can't say for certain how long the sides last on me, but they didn't immediately pop either. And I'm a good deal larger than you are! The elastic is still perforated, and I expect it would be stronger (if less stretchy) without that... So there you go! One datapoint.

You ordered them online? Are they not simply available in the grocery store?
    I am generally just too embarked to buy from a store... I did buy 1 pack of goodnites in a store about 6 months ago though.
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-Aug-2012 at 22:35. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.