Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another intro

Default another intro

Hi, my name is Scott, 43. I'm not nesessarily into diapers but more an adult baby. Car seats are my thing. The old kind from the 60's thru the 80's. I collect them, restore them, and if I can fit, sit in them. (adult baby)? Photos, manuals, anything car seats. I found this while searching the web for old seats. I would gladly share if anyone is interested. So i'm out there now. I also love classic cars, old tractors, antiques.

Quote Originally Posted by classicseats View Post
    Hi, my name is Scott, 43. I'm not nesessarily into diapers but more an adult baby. Car seats are my thing. The old kind from the 60's thru the 80's. I collect them, restore them, and if I can fit, sit in them. (adult baby)? Photos, manuals, anything car seats. I found this while searching the web for old seats. I would gladly share if anyone is interested. So i'm out there now. I also love classic cars, old tractors, antiques.
    Welcome to ADISC. While most of us are here (at least initially) for the diapers and such, we have a few members who are more focused on other accessories. I guess you'd be the one to tell us if you think AB is an apt label for you. It certainly doesn't require diapers but generally comes with desires for regression and an affinity for baby things. I suppose you could also be the DL version of a car seat fancier, just liking them, rather than having them mean anything special to you. Take a look around. I hope you'll find something to interest you here

Sweet. I'm one of the site's resident petrolheads, with a firm interest in anything automotive. lol I sound like a Repco ad. What sort of classic cars? I'm into prettty much anything old and Jap or Euro, with a few American faves too. Not a fan of the Yank tank though.

Muscle cars and Yank tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I can offer something to everyones experience here, including mine.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

well I definetely have an affinity for car seats. I hope I belong here!

Welcome, again! Sounds like you've got the same feelings towards car seats that I've had for years towards strollers and prams in particular. As Trevor mentioned, I'm one of the members here who is more into real baby furnishings. For non-stroller items - high chairs, walker/bouncers, car seats, etc., I prefer the items made back in the same time period you mentioned, having vinyl upholstery and chrome plated framing, simply because I can fit in them easier than newer items.

It was this site that helped me figure out who or what I was with such a strong attraction towards these baby gear items. Not sure if we're classified as true ABs or not, but we're in there somewhere I guess.

~Pramrider

Hi Scott welcome to ADISC.

Another Gearhead. I also love Classic Cars so Much. Although I'm more to European I also know a lot about Muscle Cars and Yank Tank. What is your Favorite car though? In American Category mine is 1970 Ford Torino Cobra Jet, 1970 Dodge Charger R/T(Many prefer 1969 Charger but I like 1970 Charger), Ford Mustang BOSS 429, AMC Javelin AMX (I know almost all of them is Muscle Cars).

Oh yeah you should talk to Pramrider(I see you already has) and Pamperchu since they talked a lot about old Baby Seat.

Anyway Welcome and enjoy the site.

Muscle cars and Yank tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I can offer something to everyones experience here, including mine.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

well I definetely have an affinity for car seats. I hope I belong here!
    Ah, excellent, another fan of good ol' huge American steel! Mr. Aurkarm and I have a '78 Lincoln Continental Town Coupe that we positively love, and my dream car would be a 64-67 Lincoln Continental convertible. I love the massive land yachts, and our Conti fits the bill. It's a 19 foot 5 inch long COUPE with 6 feet of hood sticking straight out that weighs in at 4,700 pounds and is driven by 460 cubic inches of "lightweight cast-iron" (as Ford called it in the service manuals!). We call it the Green Sofa, since it's like driving a couch down the freeway riding on a cloud.

So yeah, what do you have? What do you like?

And welcome!

Hi, and welcome to ADISC.

As Prammy and Trevor have already pointed out...'liking diapers' is not necessarily what it's 'all about' for an AB (or however you want to identify yourself). I am yet another who is not into diapers (although I did try them for a time...turned out to be 'not my cup of tea'). I prefer to collect teddies and other plushies. Some would call me a plushophile or some such, but I prefer AB or AK (adult Kid). My world doesn't revolve around plushies, but I do have over 100 of them, at the moment, including one rather large teddy named "Oberon"!

I remember watching an episode of "Bewitched" on DVD not too long ago and realising that they put Tabitha in a car seat in one scene. I didn't even know carseats existed in the 60s!

You should make a album of your car seats here in your profile so everyone can view them. I am very interested in seeing them and have the years dated on them too for when they were made.