Thread: Buying diapers on holiday

Default Buying diapers on holiday

Last week I was in Prague on holiday, and I needed some adult diapers since I only brought two pcs. of Molicare SuperPlus with me. Well, it took two days before I could buy some, as 60% of the pharmacists didn't speak English, and 80% of those who did understand me, didn't have adult diapers. But finally I manage to buy a pack of absorbent diapers; Depend pants.

Seriously, to be honest, this diapers may be the worst I've tried ever. They didn't just leak when I was sleeping, but also when I was sitting. And I didn't wanted to spend two more days trying to find another diaper brand, so I had to stick with Depend that week.

Luckily I was walking a lot, and it was hot, so even though I was drinking a lot everyday, I didn't have to pee, and I didn't have much accidents on daytime. The leaking only began when I got back to my hotel and relaxed for the rest of the evening. And that was a good thing, because walking around while having a wet spot on my pants isn't that much fun (I've experienced that in my past )

But my holiday was great. Prague is a wonderful city, but Depend? No thanks. I'll bring my own diapers next time

Have anyone had a similar situation (when it comes to buying overseas, boring accidents in you hotel bed etc.)? And what do you think of Depend?

I also bought nappies from the Hyper CO-OP in Italy on the 2 occasions I have been there and I found them to be very thick and vary babyish unlike the shop brands you may get here or in UK still have a few left. I have saved them for when I run low or If i can find something comparable off the shelf here.

did you have to talk to a pharmacist? Didn't they have any up front on display?

Nope, I could only see pads, no diapers. It's the same here in Norway. I think its because it's more discreet this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckey View Post
    Last week I was in Prague on holiday, and I needed some adult diapers since I only brought two pcs. of Molicare SuperPlus with me. Well, it took two days before I could buy some, as 60% of the pharmacists didn't speak English, and 80% of those who did understand me, didn't have adult diapers. But finally I manage to buy a pack of absorbent diapers; Depend pants.

Seriously, to be honest, this diapers may be the worst I've tried ever. They didn't just leak when I was sleeping, but also when I was sitting. And I didn't wanted to spend two more days trying to find another diaper brand, so I had to stick with Depend that week.

Luckily I was walking a lot, and it was hot, so even though I was drinking a lot everyday, I didn't have to pee, and I didn't have much accidents on daytime. The leaking only began when I got back to my hotel and relaxed for the rest of the evening. And that was a good thing, because walking around while having a wet spot on my pants isn't that much fun (I've experienced that in my past )

But my holiday was great. Prague is a wonderful city, but Depend? No thanks. I'll bring my own diapers next time

Have anyone had a similar situation (when it comes to buying overseas, boring accidents in you hotel bed etc.)? And what do you think of Depend?
    I was in Prague a couple of years ago. As always on holiday I wanted some of the local plastic pants. After asking around I found that the main medical supplies shop is down a street at the side of the Tesco department store. They didn't have plastic pants, just disposable stuff but I wasn't interested in them at the time so didn't note what they had available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baby2birl View Post
    I also bought nappies from the Hyper CO-OP in Italy on the 2 occasions I have been there and I found them to be very thick and vary babyish unlike the shop brands you may get here or in UK still have a few left. I have saved them for when I run low or If i can find something comparable off the shelf here.
    what brand were they? (the thick and babyish ones)
    Last edited by sambus; 09-Aug-2012 at 20:36. Reason: double post - why does this happen to me everytime?!

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    I was in Prague a couple of years ago. As always on holiday I wanted some of the local plastic pants. After asking around I found that the main medical supplies shop is down a street at the side of the Tesco department store. They didn't have plastic pants, just disposable stuff but I wasn't interested in them at the time so didn't note what they had available.

- - - Updated - - -

what brand were they? (the thick and babyish ones)
    I can't remember I think they were own brand but really thick and very absorbent
    Last edited by baby2birl; 09-Aug-2012 at 21:10. Reason: deleted double post

I've never hat to buy diapers in a foreign country but I agree with you on one thing: Prague is a wonderful city. Did you go to the Ungelt Jazz Club (off Old Town Square)?

When out and about on travels I always look to pickup some local adult diapers. Just a part of my worldwide travel experience now! Fun!
    Andrew