Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Diaper scent?

PamperedBottom

Default Vintage Diaper scent?

So, after hearing about the diaper scent that old pampers and luvs used to have I'm desperately wanting to smell it because most likely thats the scent diapers had when I was in them (I was born in 91). I was wondering, if I were to purchase a vintage pack of either Pampers or Luvs from ebay would they still contain the scent? Also, if the price is out of my reach is there any other way to experience this scent? I would even be happy to buy just one diaper off someone, I just desperately want to know what these diapers from my childhood smelled like! Ha, they have a lot to live up to since the smell of pampers now adays is heavenly. But anyways, your advice and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Somebody here said they thought that the scent of modern Luvs was the same as what was used on Pampers back in the late 80's and early 90's. Perhaps. For me, the scent of Easy-Ups seems closer to my memory. Unfortunately, those vintage Pampers on eBay sell for a pretty penny! Back in college, when eBay was just getting its start (late 90's), I bought an 8- or 9-year-old bag of Ultra Pampers for probably $30-40. Smelled great. It was in a still-sealed bag, however. That same bag would sell for over $200 today, I think. Crazy! I would love to get some of those again, but I just can't pay that much.

PamperedBottom

I want to buy a pack of Luvs, I've heard the scent is much different from pampers. Do you have a recommendation as what type of Luvs? Also, do Easy-Up smells different from other pampers brands? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PamperedBottom View Post
    I want to buy a pack of Luvs, I've heard the scent is much different from pampers. Do you have a recommendation as what type of Luvs? Also, do Easy-Up smells different from other pampers brands? Thanks!
    They're all different. Even within the category of "Pampers diapers," there are differences (e.g. Cruisers have a different scent than Baby Dry). The Luvs scent is definitely quite a bit different than the Pampers scents, but the Easy-Ups scent is even more different, if that makes any sense. And again, at least for me, opening a bag of Easy-Ups was the thing that took me back. My old nose could be deceiving me, though.

By the way, there is only one kind of Luvs.

I discovered a while back that Secret "Powder Fresh" spray deodorant smells quite a bit like Pampers. They are both Proctor & Gamble products, so they are likely the same, or a similar formula. Just spray it all over the inside of your diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Somebody here said they thought that the scent of modern Luvs was the same as what was used on Pampers back in the late 80's and early 90's. Perhaps. For me, the scent of Easy-Ups seems closer to my memory. Unfortunately, those vintage Pampers on eBay sell for a pretty penny! Back in college, when eBay was just getting its start (late 90's), I bought an 8- or 9-year-old bag of Ultra Pampers for probably $30-40. Smelled great. It was in a still-sealed bag, however. That same bag would sell for over $200 today, I think. Crazy! I would love to get some of those again, but I just can't pay that much.
    ...they can sell for that much!...WoW...I've actually got several older packages of Luvs and Pampers, before they switched to the cloth like (the last plastic backed they made)...maybe it's time that I sell them, instead of keeping them around...
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-Aug-2012 at 20:47. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

PamperedBottom

I can't make up my mind whether to buy a pack of pampers cruisers or luvs, i mean, i've smelled pampers but not cruisers and i've never smelled luvs before so maybe i should give them a try.

BigC300

On the Google "Shopping" page, search for "baby powder scent". Lots of suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by PamperedBottom View Post
    I can't make up my mind whether to buy a pack of pampers cruisers or luvs, i mean, i've smelled pampers but not cruisers and i've never smelled luvs before so maybe i should give them a try.
    Go for Luvs, then. I actually don't like the Cruisers scent as much as the others--has more of a "chemical" scent, IMO.