Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Shooting

Default Wisconsin Shooting

Here's a quick rundown:
    >The investigators are treating this like a domestic terrorism-type event.
    >Seven dead, including the gunman.
    >Three injured, including one officer.
    >two semiautomatic handguns have allegedly been recovered.
    >A witness inside the temple "testified" that the gunman was wearing a short sleeve t-shirt, black pants, with a 9/11 tattoo. He was also a while, bald male.

I'm sending out my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully there is more I can do as everything develops. I would much prefer this thread to stay more focused on the victims, but whatever.

Links:
    Gunman, six others dead at Wisconsin Sikh temple - CNN.com

This one scared me when I saw it on facebook, since I'm from Wisconsin. You hear of terrible shootings happening in places like Aurora, Colorado, but when it hits closer to home, you really start to think... this shooting happened in the hometown of a couple friends of mine, and it isn't too far away from my college...

The thing that also scares me about two pretty big shootings happening this summer is that it may sway politicians towards gun control. Outlawing guns in the USA will NOT stop these shootings. In fact, it can only make them worse.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    This one scared me when I saw it on facebook, since I'm from Wisconsin. ... this shooting happened in the hometown of a couple friends of mine, and it isn't too far away from my college...
    I'm from Wisconsin too. And I have family in that area. This event was about 2 hours away from where I live. It's one thing to see these things happen on TV or read about it n the news ( I read about it on Yaho news) or on the radio; but when something like this happens closer to your doorstep, it makes you think.

The thing that also scares me about two pretty big shootings happening this summer is that it may sway politicians towards gun control. Outlawing guns in the USA will NOT stop these shootings. In fact, it can only make them worse.
    Sadly I will agree. The government will likely use this in their argument for gun control. I disagree. If an armed assailant enters my house, I want to be able to defend my family!

Your comment about gun control reminded me of a true saying about 'gun control' I saw on a bumper sticker. It said: "if guns kill people then pencils misspell words!"

In before the gun debate starts

Its horrible that yet another things like this has happened i assume the reasons behind it where possibly religiously driven?

Yup back to gun control...

And as being discussed in another thread does offering prayer as the OP did even matter?

I'm not in the least bit surprised in the least bit it's some stupid racist. The great news is he's been wiped from this earth after though sadly he killed 6 people who were more or less just celebrating life, friendship and a higher being.

I'd call him a retard but that would be a slight to anyone who is actually retarded, who hold a much higher place in society then the stupid asshole who did this.

The two sided coin strikes again! "We should ban all guns for it will solve everything." vs "nothing should be done because it won't do jack shit." the funny thing is both sides are clearly, logically wrong. Better ammo control and limiting sales will likely drop down gun violence and banning all guns won't make criminals or even law abiding citizens turn in there glock 9's.

Maybe just like *everything* else we should meet in the middle, be civil and not act like children. then perhaps we can advanced our civilization even more rather then throw mud and shit at each others faces.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 06-Aug-2012 at 22:17.

Latest I heard on the news is that the guy had a white supremacist background and a general discharge from the military, not eligible for re-enlistment. Yet another misguided nimrod who has trouble playing well with others.

LOL Maxx. I would agree that he had a little trouble playing well with others.

I was researching (well waiting for a train this morning) the Sikhism Religion and it is the 5th Largest in the World.

I pray that in their reincarnation or cycle they move closer to their return to complete unity with God.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post
    LOL Maxx. I would agree that he had a little trouble playing well with others.

I was researching (well waiting for a train this morning) the Sikhism Religion and it is the 5th Largest in the World.

I pray that in their reincarnation or cycle they move closer to their return to complete unity with God.
    I'm not sure how your laughing about it. Maxx's comment to me seems to be calling the guy's actions and thoughts ____ people should die childish.