Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in a diaper makes me itch like crazy

Lightbulb Sleeping in a diaper makes me itch like crazy

I'm dying to go to bed while wearing a diaper all night, however after 10 minutes of lying in bed, the skin thats in my diaper gets a little prickly and itchy, which keeps me up and results in me taking off my diaper. It sucks because I'd love to go to bed with a full bladder, diaper and onesie, then wake up the next morning with a full diaper.

I'm not quite sure what to do, because all I've ever had is diapers and nothing else, so I'm still a learner. Would talcon powder do the trick?

Also, quick question for the AB's. Where do you get your gear, such as (adult sized) onesies, pacifiers, bottles, etc? If you get it on the internet, then what's the best and most reliable site?

Use baby powder every time. It's useful mainly to stop it from itching as much and also helps stop sweating and has the benefit of helping prevent any rash.

My ex girlfriend used to complain of this all the time, even if we used powder. It was one of the big main reasons she did not wear diapers very often. I think some people have far more sensitive skin than others and powder may or may not help. Perhaps some kind of a cream would be in order?

What kind of diapers anyway?
    The pullups kind can get itchy when sleeping.

I understand that issue and I have had more often with disposables than cloth a thin layer of well applied nappy rash cream with moisturizer tend to work to prevent the issue in my experience, plus it smells nice.

i use gold bond powder for itch.. you may be alergic to the diaper its self. have you tryed cloth and see if you have the same reaction? all disposables have a drying agent in them to soak up the liquids it is glyceren and you may be alergic to it.try an alergy free diaper

I'm gonna go get some baby powder today and see if that helps. I don't think I'm allergic because I can wear a diaper throughout the day and it won't itch at all, it only happens when I'm sleeping. Which means it's probably just sweat.
    The lower half of my body is incredibly hairy too which might be a problem. The hairs are really thick like needles, and I think that they must be poking into my skin when I wear a diaper. I normally sleep nude too, so maybe I'm just not used to sleeping while wearing something.

It's even possible that you could be allergic to your own sweat. Do you also get itchy in hot weather or after a workout? Try taking benadryl just before you go to bed; if it's an allergic reaction to something, it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    It's even possible that you could be allergic to your own sweat. Do you also get itchy in hot weather or after a workout? Try taking benadryl just before you go to bed; if it's an allergic reaction to something, it might help.
    It depends if the atmosphere is humid. If I sweat lot's and it's sticky, then that makes me itch. But sometimes I sweat and it just makes me wet, without itching, but that usually happens if it's a dry atmosphere. I've never heard of benadryl before, but I'll look around for it in the chemist I go to. I'll see if the powder works first, and if it doesn't, maybe I'll give it a try

Benadryl is a brand name of an anti-histamine, which means it curbs allergic reactions. Any generic anti-histamine will do, even hayfever tablets.