Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all another kiwi here

Default Hi all another kiwi here

hey from nz deep south and like movies, tv, swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by invercargillboy2012 View Post
    hey from nz deep south and like movies, tv, swimming.
    Hi welcome to ADISC.
    Is it me or recently there are many NZ join this site. I myself can be considered as Honorary Kiwi(Just Joking don't kill me fellow kiwi)

Ok that's it enough for the joke. So what kind of movies do you like? Well i can enjoy almost every genre but in my top is Action,Thriller,War and there are so many favorite films so i think i can't posted it all in here.

Anyway Enjoy the site. (No i'm kidding about honorary kiwi please forgive me okay?)

Lol do you really call yourselves Kiwis? Are you all hairy and green inside?

Well I hope you find some cool people to talk to. Do you do competitive swimming or just in-the-ocean swimming? I think that Michael Phelps summed up what I felt like competitive swimming was like - "staring at a black line for four hours a day". No thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post

Well I hope you find some cool people to talk to. Do you do competitive swimming or just in-the-ocean swimming? I think that Michael Phelps summed up what I felt like competitive swimming was like - "staring at a black line for four hours a day". No thanks man.
    Please forgive me i'm just kidding.

That is a really common misconception. No, we don't call ourselves Kiwis after the fruit, but after the rare, flightless bird called the Kiwi (because of its distinctive call) that is endemic to New Zealand and is considered our national icon.

Invercargill boi, good to see another true Southerner here. I'm not quite as far South as you, but almost. Try the next city up. :P Into anything else that our wonderful region has to offer? Such as hunting, fishing tramping etc? Or cars? :P

Archer, I reckon you'd make a better Kiwi than many here. You certainly have the terrible sense of humour for it! :P I kid. And there's no need to be sorry mate. It's all goods over here boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    That is a really common misconception. No, we don't call ourselves Kiwis after the fruit, but after the rare, flightless bird called the Kiwi (because of its distinctive call) that is endemic to New Zealand and is considered our national icon.

Invercargill boi, good to see another true Southerner here. I'm not quite as far South as you, but almost. Try the next city up. :P Into anything else that our wonderful region has to offer? Such as hunting, fishing tramping etc? Or cars? :P

Archer, I reckon you'd make a better Kiwi than many here. You certainly have the terrible sense of humour for it! :P I kid. And there's no need to be sorry mate. It's all goods over here boi.
    Thanks mate but pleased any kiwi forgive me okay?

How do you know Kiwis aren't hairy? And green on the inside? HAVE YOU EVER CHECKED?

I am a Kiwi expert. They grow on trees and then start flying around pretending they're birds. The trick is to catch them just as they enter their prime. Vegans beware!

How do you know Kiwis aren't hairy? And green on the inside? HAVE YOU EVER CHECKED?

I am a Kiwi expert. They grow on trees and then start flying around pretending they're birds. The trick is to catch them just as they enter their prime. Vegans beware!
    Lol. They aren't hairy mate - they're fluffy. Lotsa feathers and all that. But yeah, the common NZ Kiwi (Commonus kiwius) is green-blooded. Magnesium ion based O2 transport system ya see, not iron like in us mammals. :P iKid.

Lol. They aren't hairy mate - they're fluffy. Lotsa feathers and all that. But yeah, the common NZ Kiwi (Commonus kiwius) is green-blooded. Magnesium ion based O2 transport system ya see, not iron like in us mammals. :P iKid.
    High and welcome, that would be hilarious if they were green blooded some how, just the pure fun factors that could have, science would get a whole lot more interesting.

anyway welcome, what movies do you like?
    Last edited by EmilyAdella; 05-Aug-2012 at 05:37. Reason: double quote issue

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Thanks mate but pleased any kiwi forgive me okay?
    Sorry? Totally don't understand that at all.