Thread: Vintage teething ring

pamperchu

Default Vintage teething ring

I found 2 teething rings at the goodwill this past few weeks and I wanted to know if the one on the right is vintage or not. I know you can buy the one on the left at Safeway but my daddy says the one on the right is vintage. Does anyone know what year it was made?
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk14/pamperchu/DSC01404.jpg

If the one on the right is the one I'm thinking it is look on the back side and there should be a manufacturing date in very tiny print on one of the bulbs.

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    If the one on the right is the one I'm thinking it is look on the back side and there should be a manufacturing date in very tiny print on one of the bulbs.
    there is no date code

I had one of blue ones when I was little and I am 27, so yeah I would put them in the 1980's, but I cannot find them online anywhere at the moment.

Oh wow, then that may very well be a vintage one. The only ones like that I've seen have always had a date code on the back side and I used to collect them just for the hell of it

I'm wondering if later ones have a date code because of changing safety regulations. I know bottle teats and pacifiers are only supposed to be good for a certain amount of time with actual baby usage before they should be replaced. I remember the material in the bottle teats we used for our children would start to get sticky after awhile, letting us know it was time to replace them. Perhaps there's similar regulations about the plastic material on teething rings, so manufacturers now put a date code on to alert caregivers when it's time to replace them.

That's going to be hard to pinpoint a year for the blue ring unless you come across old baby item ads, or perhaps even an older dated baby photo, showing the exact ring. That's a couple ways I try to ID the year on old toys.

~Pramrider

We had the one on the right for our daughter about six years ago--purchased new. We probably still have it! That, of course, doesn't mean that yours isn't much older. It could very well be an old design.