Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lip Biting

Default Lip Biting

When your not a position to suck your thumb or slip your paci in, do you tend to bite your lips? O.o If so, what are some of the ways you stop yourself?

I tend to bite my lips quite a bit. And when willpower stop cutting it, I lick my lips to keep my teeth from getting to them. XP

Quote Originally Posted by Layne0033 View Post
    If you figure this one out PLEASE let me know
    Definitely. (^-^)b So far, I've been told to keep gum. But, my uncle eats it all. lol XP
    Last edited by BabyKevy; 04-Aug-2012 at 03:37.

I have asked my doctor, who suggests a mild muscle relaxer - its just that I'm not a fan of the med route to take care of it

Perriwinkle

Iv'e never really noticed until reading this thread... I do bite my lips a lot sometimes i'll even accidentally rip off a small piece of skin.

Well what else am I supposed to keep bleeding at a steady rate? ONE IN TWO ADULTS HAVE HEMOPHILIA. WELL I DON'T KNOW THEY MIGHT. BE SAFE KIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Layne0033 View Post
    I have asked my doctor, who suggests a mild muscle relaxer - its just that I'm not a fan of the med route to take care of it
    Yeah, I don't like the med route either. I'm a natural baby, man. (^-^)v

Quote Originally Posted by RebornsAndLove View Post
    Iv'e never really noticed until reading this thread... I do bite my lips a lot sometimes i'll even accidentally rip off a small piece of skin.
    I do that, too. Or, I end up biting the inside of my cheeks. X{

I'm no expert (by a long shot!) but isn't lip-biting usually a sign of anxiety? Maybe you'd find it easier to stop if you tried to relax for a few minutes when you get stressed, take a few deep breaths, relax all your muscles, have a cup of tea or a relaxing bath or... whatever works for you...?

Supersam1223

I bite my lip. I don't see it as an issue so I've never done anything about it.

I seem to grind my teeth lately, I am getting urges to chew of suck on things since I've been using my paci daily